Amerks to Collect Toys for the Pirate Toy Fund During Next Four Home Games
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans announced today the team will collect toys for the Pirate Toy Fund during each of the next four games. The 2019-20 season marks the seventh straight year in which the Amerks have hosted a Toy Drive in partnership with the Pirate Toy Fund.
The Toy Drive will take place beginning with Rochester's home game on Wednesday, Dec. 4 against the Toronto Marlies and will continue through Wednesday, Dec. 11 when the Amerks host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. All four games are set for 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena.
Fans are encouraged to donate new, unwrapped toys in the Pirate Toy Fund donation boxes in front of The Blue Cross Arena Box Office, located in the lower atrium, prior to each of the four games. Any fan that donates a toy will receive a complimentary ticket voucher to the Amerks home game on Wednesday, Jan. 8 against Binghamton.
The toys collected will then be distributed to children at the annual Toy Giveaway, hosted by Monroe County, on Sunday, Dec. 15 at The Blue Cross Arena. Last year's event provided toys to more than 5,000 children across the Greater Rochester Area.
Individual game tickets for the 2019-20 season start at just $16. Amerks 2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $14 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
About the Pirate Toy Fund
The Pirate Toy Fund is the only nonprofit organization in the country dedicated to distributing new toys year-round to children-in-need throughout the Greater Rochester region. Founded by local children's entertainer, Gary The Happy Pirate, the Pirate Toy Fund has distributed over 250,000 toys since 1995 and continues to actively pursue new avenues to expand our mission.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Star Wars and More - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: December 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Roadrunners Weekly: December 2 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Andrew Peeke, Monsters Sign Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Defenseman Greg Pateryn to Iowa for Conditioning Assignment - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Assign Vili Saarijarvi to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Annual State Farm Toy Drive Begins this Week - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Hosting Star Wars Night December 7 - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Reassign Larsson, Griffins Swap Forwards with Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Novak Named AHL Rookie of the Month - Milwaukee Admirals
- Casey DeSmith Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jansen Harkins Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for November - Manitoba Moose
- Harkins, Novak, DeSmith Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Stolarz - San Diego Gulls
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Condors Collect 8,380 Bears for Community at Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 2-8 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Trenin Name CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks to Collect Toys for the Pirate Toy Fund During Next Four Home Games - Rochester Americans
- Milwaukee's Yakov Trenin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canucks Recall Michael DiPietro - Utica Comets
- Chicago Wolves Sign Maclise - Chicago Wolves
- Dive into the Heart of the American Hockey League with 25Stanley - Laval Rocket
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.