Condors Collect 8,380 Bears for Community at Teddy Bear Toss
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors announced today that the team collected 8,380 stuffed animals which were collected and donated to the United Way of Kern County. It is the third highest total in team history and brings the all-time total in the 21-year history to 138,216 bears. The night was presented by Eyewitness News, KERN 1180, and Three-Way Chevrolet.
"Everyone thinks about scoring the goal, because it's such a big game for the team, the organization, and the community," Teddy Bear Toss goal scorer Josh Currie said. "We give a lot of thanks to everyone who showed up for a sellout crowd, brought a teddy bear, and it's crazy to see how many bears hit the ice."
The Condors beat Ontario to move into third place in the Pacific Division, 3-1. Bakersfield is next in action on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 6 p.m. in Stockton.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Star Wars and More - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: December 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Roadrunners Weekly: December 2 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Andrew Peeke, Monsters Sign Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Defenseman Greg Pateryn to Iowa for Conditioning Assignment - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Assign Vili Saarijarvi to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Annual State Farm Toy Drive Begins this Week - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Hosting Star Wars Night December 7 - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Reassign Larsson, Griffins Swap Forwards with Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Novak Named AHL Rookie of the Month - Milwaukee Admirals
- Casey DeSmith Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jansen Harkins Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for November - Manitoba Moose
- Harkins, Novak, DeSmith Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Stolarz - San Diego Gulls
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Condors Collect 8,380 Bears for Community at Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 2-8 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Trenin Name CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks to Collect Toys for the Pirate Toy Fund During Next Four Home Games - Rochester Americans
- Milwaukee's Yakov Trenin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canucks Recall Michael DiPietro - Utica Comets
- Chicago Wolves Sign Maclise - Chicago Wolves
- Dive into the Heart of the American Hockey League with 25Stanley - Laval Rocket
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Win a Keegan Lowe Jersey to Benefit the Mission at Kern County
- Condors Sign Devin Brosseau to Two-Year AHL Contract
- Condors Sign Blake Christensen and Janis Jaks to AHL Contracts
- Condors Sign Penn State Standout Liam Folkes
- American Hockey League Season Suspended