Trenin Name CCM/AHL Player of the Week
Milwaukee, WI - The American Hockey League announced today that Admirals forward Yakov Trenin has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending December 1, 2019.
Trenin notched five goals and seven points in three contests last week, helping Milwaukee extend its winning streak to a franchise-record 13 games.
On Wednesday night, Trenin scored twice and recorded an assist as Milwaukee defeated Manitoba, 6-3. On Saturday, he scored again before assisting on the decisive tally in a 4-3 overtime victory at San Antonio. And on Sunday, Trenin tallied both Admirals goals, including his second game-winner of the week, as Milwaukee took a 2-1 OT decision at Texas.
Trenin is currently tied for fourth in the AHL in scoring with 25 points, totaling 13 goals and 12 assists in 18 games for Milwaukee. He also ranks second among all league forwards with a plus-13 rating and is one off the overall lead with his three game-winning goals. The third-year pro has appeared in 141 career AHL games with Milwaukee, totaling 33 goals and 44 assists for 77 points. Trenin, a 22-year-old native of Chelyabinsk, Russia, was a second-round choice by Nashville in the 2015 NHL Draft and has appeared in one game with the Predators this season, making his NHL debut on Oct. 19.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Trenin will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Admirals home game. He is the second Admiral's player to earn the award this season after Daniel Carr was given the honor for the week ending 10.
Trenin and the Admirals look for their 14th consecutive win when they visit the Texas Stars at 7 pm on Tuesday night. Milwaukee's next home game will be on Friday at 7 pm at Panther Arena against the Iowa Wild.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Star Wars and More - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: December 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Roadrunners Weekly: December 2 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Andrew Peeke, Monsters Sign Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Defenseman Greg Pateryn to Iowa for Conditioning Assignment - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Assign Vili Saarijarvi to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Annual State Farm Toy Drive Begins this Week - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Hosting Star Wars Night December 7 - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Reassign Larsson, Griffins Swap Forwards with Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Novak Named AHL Rookie of the Month - Milwaukee Admirals
- Casey DeSmith Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jansen Harkins Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for November - Manitoba Moose
- Harkins, Novak, DeSmith Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Stolarz - San Diego Gulls
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Condors Collect 8,380 Bears for Community at Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 2-8 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Trenin Name CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks to Collect Toys for the Pirate Toy Fund During Next Four Home Games - Rochester Americans
- Milwaukee's Yakov Trenin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canucks Recall Michael DiPietro - Utica Comets
- Chicago Wolves Sign Maclise - Chicago Wolves
- Dive into the Heart of the American Hockey League with 25Stanley - Laval Rocket
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.