Marlies Look to Rebound in Rochester
The Toronto Marlies are making a quick trip to Rochester Friday night for their first meeting with the Americans this season, looking to snap a tough streak of losses.
They've had a week of practices and are looking to regroup and rebound when they hit the ice in Rochester.
Since a decisive 7-3 victory on opening night, the Marlies have found themselves on the wrong side of four straight games. Three of those games were decided by two goals or less and the Marlies lit the lamp 15 times over that span. Holding the Amerks offense will be important to having success on the road tonight.
At the other end, Rochester is riding a four-game win streak after downing the Comets 6-1 on Wednesday. Despite a 4-2-0-0 start to the season, the Amerks have struggled on home ice with both losses coming at home.
Trevor Moore (4G, 2A) is leading the Marlies offensively alongside Sam Gagner (3G, 3A) who each have six points.
Rookie Victor Olofsson leads the Amerks with 12 points (5G, 7A) while defenceman Lawrence Pilut has 10 (2G, 8A) on the season.
Starting strong will be an important key for the Marlies tonight, as they've yet to lead at the first intermission this season. The Amerks have yet to lose when leading after the first 20 minutes.
Puck drop for tonight's game is scheduled for 7:05 and fans can catch all the action on AHLTV.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates and behind-the-scenes access from Coca-Cola Coliseum.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
1-4-0-0 Overall Record 4-2-0-0
0-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-0-0-0
Loss 4 Streak Win 4
22 Goals For 23
27 Goals Against 19
18.2% Power Play Percentage 40.7%
73.9% Penalty Kill Percentage 72.0%
T. Moore (4) Leading Goal Scorer V. Olofsson (5)
T. Moore, S. Gagner (6) Leading Points Scorer V. Olofsson (12)
K. Kaskisuo (1) Wins Leader A. Wilcox, S. Wedgewood (2)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2018
- Phantoms and Penguins Battle in Wild Rivalry Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Top Marlies in Shootout for Fifth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Tame Wild with Second Straight Four-Goal Third Period - Texas Stars
- Comrie Backstops Moose Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Win High Octane Game at Lehigh Valley, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Stay Perfect with Shootout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Monumental Start by Montembeault Key to Victory for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Georgiev Backstops Wolf Pack to 4-3 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dal Colle, Rathgeb, Toews all collect multi-point efforts in overtime win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Drop Entertaining Battle in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Devils Shut Down by Crunch, 4-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Edged by Hartford on Home Ice - Belleville Senators
- Comets Fall Short against Cleveland - Utica Comets
- Monsters Outlast Comets, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Shutout Devils, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Third Period Lead Slips Away in 4-3 P-Bruins OT Loss - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Troy Terry to San Diego, Recall Pontus Aberg - San Diego Gulls
- Game #5 Preview: Tucson vs. Rockford - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Look to Rebound in Rochester - Toronto Marlies
- Gravel Recalled by Oilers; Condors Call up Kulevich - Bakersfield Condors
- Jordan Szwarz Named P-Bruins Captain - Providence Bruins
- Forward Sheldon Dries Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Hosting 11th Annual "Sweets in the Suites" Night on Saturday, October 27 - Rochester Americans
- Comets Break AHL Sellout Streak Record at 121 Games - Utica Comets
- Coyotes Assign Ullstrom to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Red Wings Assign Lashoff to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gryba, Schneider Join Binghamton Devils - Binghamton Devils
- Sound Tigers Face Bruins, Phantoms this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Jets Assign Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Defenseman Ottenbreit Reassigned to Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Ottawa Recalls Paul from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Wolf Pack, October 19 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.