Devils Shut Down by Crunch, 4-0
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - Connor Ingram stopped all 27 shots he faced in net as the Syracuse Crunch defeated the Binghamton Devils on Friday night, 4-0.
Syracuse scored the only goal of the first period while shorthanded. Gabriel Dumont drove hard to the net and Michael Kapla played the body. Dumont made contact with goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood, pushing him out of the crease. Andy Andreaoff followed up and put the loose puck into a wide-open net for the 1-0 lead. The goal came just 4:07 into the game with assists to Dumont and Cameron Gaunce.
After Brett Seney was unable to convert on a penalty shot for the Devils, Mitchell Stephens put the Crunch up by two on the power play with a blast from the left wing circle. Erik Cernak set up Stephens in the left circle with a one timer that went over the shoulder of Mackenzie Blackwood for the two-goal lead. Stephens' goal was his first of the year and came with 7:01 left in the period with assists from Cernak and Dumont.
Danick Martel set up Andreaoff in front of the net and he batted the puck out of mid air and over the shoulder of Blackwood for a 3-0 lead. The goal came 9:46 into the third period with helpers from Martel and Carter Verhaeghe.
With just 0:19 left in the game, Boris Katchouk added to the lead with an empty-net goal to give the Crunch a 4-1 lead.
Blackwood stopped 27 of 30 shots in the loss while Connor Ingram denied all 27 for the shutout win.
The Devils return home tomorrow night against Cleveland at 7:05 p.m. Bring your dog on Pucks & Paws Night presented by All Paws Inn and JC Vet Hospital. Get your tickets HERE.
The Devils will also help raise funds for Hurricane Michael relief efforts next Friday and Saturday. Fans can get a discount ticket with $5 of each ticket going to the American Red Cross. Autographed items and other ways to assist will be announced next week prior to the game. HELP HURRICANE RELIEF EFFORTS HERE.
For more information, including pricing, group outings, taking a limo to the game, fan experiences, and much more, visit www.binghamtondevils.com or call the Devils front office at 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood vs. the Syracuse Crunch
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2018
- Phantoms and Penguins Battle in Wild Rivalry Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Top Marlies in Shootout for Fifth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Tame Wild with Second Straight Four-Goal Third Period - Texas Stars
- Comrie Backstops Moose Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Win High Octane Game at Lehigh Valley, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Stay Perfect with Shootout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Monumental Start by Montembeault Key to Victory for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Georgiev Backstops Wolf Pack to 4-3 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dal Colle, Rathgeb, Toews all collect multi-point efforts in overtime win - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bears Drop Entertaining Battle in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Devils Shut Down by Crunch, 4-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Edged by Hartford on Home Ice - Belleville Senators
- Comets Fall Short against Cleveland - Utica Comets
- Monsters Outlast Comets, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Shutout Devils, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Third Period Lead Slips Away in 4-3 P-Bruins OT Loss - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Troy Terry to San Diego, Recall Pontus Aberg - San Diego Gulls
- Game #5 Preview: Tucson vs. Rockford - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Look to Rebound in Rochester - Toronto Marlies
- Gravel Recalled by Oilers; Condors Call up Kulevich - Bakersfield Condors
- Jordan Szwarz Named P-Bruins Captain - Providence Bruins
- Forward Sheldon Dries Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Hosting 11th Annual "Sweets in the Suites" Night on Saturday, October 27 - Rochester Americans
- Comets Break AHL Sellout Streak Record at 121 Games - Utica Comets
- Coyotes Assign Ullstrom to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Red Wings Assign Lashoff to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gryba, Schneider Join Binghamton Devils - Binghamton Devils
- Sound Tigers Face Bruins, Phantoms this Weekend - Bridgeport Islanders
- Jets Assign Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Defenseman Ottenbreit Reassigned to Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Ottawa Recalls Paul from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Wolf Pack, October 19 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.