Anaheim Ducks Assign Troy Terry to San Diego, Recall Pontus Aberg
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled left wing Pontus Aberg from the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, Anaheim has assigned right wing Troy Terry to San Diego.
Terry, 21 (9/10/97), began the 2018-19 season with the Ducks, going scoreless in six games. Selected by Anaheim in the fifth round (148th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft, Terry scored his first career game-deciding goal in a shootout to help lead Anaheim to a 3-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 8 at Honda Center. The 6-1, 178-pound winger made his NHL debut last season after spending three seasons at Denver of the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC). Terry also represented Team USA at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, recording five assists in five games. He ranked fifth among skaters in the Olympics in assists and second on Team USA in points.
Aberg, 25 (9/23/93), was claimed on waivers from Edmonton on Oct. 1 and made his Anaheim debut in the Ducks' Season Opener on Oct. 3 at San Jose. Aberg has collected 5-13=18 points with a +6 rating in 69 career NHL games with Anaheim, Edmonton and Nashville. The 5-11, 196-pound forward appeared in two games with San Diego this season, earning 1-1=2 points.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2018
- Phantoms and Penguins Battle in Wild Rivalry Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Top Marlies in Shootout for Fifth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Tame Wild with Second Straight Four-Goal Third Period - Texas Stars
- Comrie Backstops Moose Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Win High Octane Game at Lehigh Valley, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Stay Perfect with Shootout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Monumental Start by Montembeault Key to Victory for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Georgiev Backstops Wolf Pack to 4-3 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dal Colle, Rathgeb, Toews all collect multi-point efforts in overtime win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Drop Entertaining Battle in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Devils Shut Down by Crunch, 4-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Edged by Hartford on Home Ice - Belleville Senators
- Comets Fall Short against Cleveland - Utica Comets
- Monsters Outlast Comets, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Shutout Devils, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Third Period Lead Slips Away in 4-3 P-Bruins OT Loss - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Troy Terry to San Diego, Recall Pontus Aberg - San Diego Gulls
- Game #5 Preview: Tucson vs. Rockford - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Look to Rebound in Rochester - Toronto Marlies
- Gravel Recalled by Oilers; Condors Call up Kulevich - Bakersfield Condors
- Jordan Szwarz Named P-Bruins Captain - Providence Bruins
- Forward Sheldon Dries Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Hosting 11th Annual "Sweets in the Suites" Night on Saturday, October 27 - Rochester Americans
- Comets Break AHL Sellout Streak Record at 121 Games - Utica Comets
- Coyotes Assign Ullstrom to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Red Wings Assign Lashoff to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gryba, Schneider Join Binghamton Devils - Binghamton Devils
- Sound Tigers Face Bruins, Phantoms this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Jets Assign Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Defenseman Ottenbreit Reassigned to Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Ottawa Recalls Paul from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Wolf Pack, October 19 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.