Crunch Shutout Devils, 4-0
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - Goaltender Connor Ingram stopped all 27 shots for the Syracuse Crunch in a 4-0 victory over the Binghamton Devils tonight at the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena.
Andy Andreoff opened scoring and led the team with two goals on the night, while Boris Katchouk tallied his first professional goal. Mitchell Stephens rounded out the scoring with a power-play marker. The Crunch are now 2-2-0-0 on the season.
Ingram earned his fifth professional shutout in net for the Crunch. Mackenzie Blackwood stopped 27-of-30 for the Devils. Syracuse special teams helped lead the way to victory going 2-for-3 on the power play and a perfect 6-for-6 on the penalty kill.
The Crunch first lit the lamp with a shorthanded marker early in the first period. Cameron Gaunce threw a long stretch pass for Gabriel Dumont as he entered the zone. His breakaway was stopped, but Andreoff chipped in the rebound.
Syracuse doubled their lead with a power-play goal 12:29 into the middle frame. Dumont won the draw at the right faceoff dot and sent it back to Erik Cernak. The defenseman slid a cross-zone feed for Stephens to fire a rocket from the top of the left circle.
Andreoff netted his second of the game 9:46 into the third period while on the man-advantage. Martel threw a centering feed for Andreoff to redirect past Blackwood right out of midair. Carter Verhaeghe tallied the secondary assist.
Katchouk added a shorthanded empty-netter in the final seconds with the help of Stephens to secure a 4-0 win.
The Crunch return home to host the Utica Comets tomorrow at 7 p.m.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
Crunchables: The Crunch were first on the board for the first time this season tonight...Andy Andreoff recorded his first shorthanded goal since March 29, 2014 for the Manchester Monarchs...Connor Ingram is 2-for-2 against penalty shots in back-to-back games this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2018
- Phantoms and Penguins Battle in Wild Rivalry Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Top Marlies in Shootout for Fifth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Tame Wild with Second Straight Four-Goal Third Period - Texas Stars
- Comrie Backstops Moose Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Win High Octane Game at Lehigh Valley, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Stay Perfect with Shootout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Monumental Start by Montembeault Key to Victory for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Georgiev Backstops Wolf Pack to 4-3 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dal Colle, Rathgeb, Toews all collect multi-point efforts in overtime win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Drop Entertaining Battle in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Devils Shut Down by Crunch, 4-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Edged by Hartford on Home Ice - Belleville Senators
- Comets Fall Short against Cleveland - Utica Comets
- Monsters Outlast Comets, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Shutout Devils, 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Third Period Lead Slips Away in 4-3 P-Bruins OT Loss - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Troy Terry to San Diego, Recall Pontus Aberg - San Diego Gulls
- Game #5 Preview: Tucson vs. Rockford - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Look to Rebound in Rochester - Toronto Marlies
- Gravel Recalled by Oilers; Condors Call up Kulevich - Bakersfield Condors
- Jordan Szwarz Named P-Bruins Captain - Providence Bruins
- Forward Sheldon Dries Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Hosting 11th Annual "Sweets in the Suites" Night on Saturday, October 27 - Rochester Americans
- Comets Break AHL Sellout Streak Record at 121 Games - Utica Comets
- Coyotes Assign Ullstrom to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Red Wings Assign Lashoff to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gryba, Schneider Join Binghamton Devils - Binghamton Devils
- Sound Tigers Face Bruins, Phantoms this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Jets Assign Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Defenseman Ottenbreit Reassigned to Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Ottawa Recalls Paul from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Wolf Pack, October 19 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.