Mariners Add Defenseman Jonathan Harty
PORTLAND, ME - The Mariners have added a re-enforcement to their blue line ahead of another busy weekend of games. On Thursday, they announced the signing of defenseman Jonathan Harty.
Harty, 33, most recently played in the LNAH (Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey) with Riviere-du-loup, the same team that provided the Mariners defensemen Garrett Clarke and Anthony D'Amours earlier this season. In 10 games for them, he scored one goal and added one assist. Harty has played three prior games in the ECHL, for the Kalamazoo Wings in 2011-12.
Since then, Harty has played primarily in Europe, including stops in France, Sweden, Slovenia, Germany, and Hungary. Harty was born in Germany, hailing from Lahr. Before turning pro, Harty played in the Western Hockey League with the Everett Silvertips, of which he was captain in 2007-08, followed by four years at the University of New Brunswick.
The Mariners, proud affiliates of the Boston Bruins, have another $3 Deweys "3Kend" this weekend, hosting three different opponents: Worcester, Reading, and Trois-Rivieres. Friday's game against the Railers is "Hype Night," with a rally towel giveaway presented by Mann Law. It's also a 1-2-3 Friday: $1 popcorn, $2 hot dogs, and $3 Bud Light Drafts through the start of the 2nd period. The puck drops at 7:15 PM Individual tickets for all games can be purchased online at MarinersOfMaine.com/tickets or by visiting the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2022
- Oilers Rout Rush 7-1, Extend Winning Streak to Four - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizzlies Earn Point in 4-3 OT Loss at Orlando - Utah Grizzlies
- Payne, Harper Each Score Twice as Thunder End Losing Skid - Adirondack Thunder
- Lions Lose in Glens Falls - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Mariners Add Defenseman Jonathan Harty - Maine Mariners
- Lang Return to Norfolk from Chicago - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Thursday Night Visit in Orlando - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Ryback Comes Back to Atlanta in Trade - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Utah Grizzlies: January 27, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game On: Worcester Railers to Host Fort Wayne Komets on Saturday, January 29 as Scheduled - Worcester Railers HC
- IceHogs Assign Chad Yetman to the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Odeen Tufto Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- First Responder Jersey Auction Proceeds Donated to the Muscular Dystrophy Association - Florida Everblades
- Growlers Win First-Ever Meeting vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- First Meeting of the Season Between the Lions and Thunder - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Steelheads Rout Mavericks to Open Weekend Series, 9-4 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Rally Falls Short - Allen Americans
- Growlers Blank Thunder 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Golka Scores Twice and Landers Win 3rd Straight - Iowa Heartlanders
- Indy Falls to Iowa in Wednesday Night Matchup - Indy Fuel
- Chabot, Kelley, Help Rush Past Americans, 3-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.