Ryback Comes Back to Atlanta in Trade
DULUTH, Ga. - The team announced on Thursday that the Gladiators have received rookie forward Aaron Ryback from the Cincinnati Cyclones in exchange for future considerations.
Ryback, a 26-year-old rookie, played in seven games for Atlanta this season before being released by the team on Jan. 13. On Jan. 18, Ryback signed with the Cincinnati Cyclones and appeared in three games. The forward has yet to record a point through 10 ECHL games this season between the Gladiators and the Cyclones.
Prior to signing with Atlanta on Dec. 17, the 6-foot-3, 205-pounder posted five points (1G-4A) in 18 games with the Birmingham Bulls in the Southern Professional Hockey League. Ryback attended Atlanta's training camp prior to the start of the season.
The Gladiators return to the Ortho Sport & Spine Physicians Home Ice on Friday, Jan. 28 at 7:30 PM to take on the Jacksonville Icemen. --
For more information, the 2021-2022 game schedule, and to purchase single game, mini-plans, group and season tickets, visit HERE, or call the Gladiators front office at 770-497-5100.
The Atlanta Gladiators are a proud member of the ECHL and play home games at Gas South Arena located in Duluth, Georgia. Follow along with the Gladiators on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube.
Crunch Fitness is the Official Fitness Partner for the Atlanta Gladiators. Crunch is a diverse community; what we have is a culture of fun; what there is, is room for everyone: all kinds of people with all kinds of goals who've chosen to come reach them with us. Crunch. No Judgments. For more about Crunch Fitness, visit HERE.
The Atlanta Gladiators are a proud affiliate of the NHL's Ottawa Senators and the AHL's Belleville Senators.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2022
- Oilers Rout Rush 7-1, Extend Winning Streak to Four - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizzlies Earn Point in 4-3 OT Loss at Orlando - Utah Grizzlies
- Payne, Harper Each Score Twice as Thunder End Losing Skid - Adirondack Thunder
- Lions Lose in Glens Falls - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Mariners Add Defenseman Jonathan Harty - Maine Mariners
- Lang Return to Norfolk from Chicago - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Thursday Night Visit in Orlando - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Ryback Comes Back to Atlanta in Trade - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Utah Grizzlies: January 27, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game On: Worcester Railers to Host Fort Wayne Komets on Saturday, January 29 as Scheduled - Worcester Railers HC
- IceHogs Assign Chad Yetman to the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Odeen Tufto Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- First Responder Jersey Auction Proceeds Donated to the Muscular Dystrophy Association - Florida Everblades
- Growlers Win First-Ever Meeting vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- First Meeting of the Season Between the Lions and Thunder - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Steelheads Rout Mavericks to Open Weekend Series, 9-4 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Rally Falls Short - Allen Americans
- Growlers Blank Thunder 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Golka Scores Twice and Landers Win 3rd Straight - Iowa Heartlanders
- Indy Falls to Iowa in Wednesday Night Matchup - Indy Fuel
- Chabot, Kelley, Help Rush Past Americans, 3-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.