Long Drives in Two, Rainiers Drop Fourth-Straight in Round Rock
Round Rock, TX - Shed Long snapped a streak of 18 scoreless innings for the Tacoma Rainiers with a two-run, two-out double in Sunday's Father's Day contest at Dell Diamond, but the Round Rock Express claimed the second game of the four-game series, 6-3.
The Rainiers (32-38) trailed after four innings, 6-0, and rallied for the final three runs of the game. Long's double, which scored Kelby Tomlinson and Tim Lopes, came in the top of the fifth inning.
Tacoma added its final run in the eighth inning when Tomlinson hit into a double play that scored Jaycob Brugman, cutting Round Rock's (42-27) lead to three.
Ryan Hartman struck out the Rainiers in order in the ninth to finish off a four inning save.
Tim Lopes and John Andreoli each had two hits, accounting for nearly half of Tacoma's 10 knocks in the defeat.
Jon Niese (3-2) started on the hill for Tacoma, allowing all six Express runs on 11 hits and three walks. David McKay (2 IP) and Parker Markel (1 IP) combined for three scoreless innings, striking out three hitters each.
Game three of the four-gamer between Tacoma and Round Rock is scheduled for 5:05 p.m. PDT on Monday at Dell Diamond. Mike Wright (0-1, 3.45) will make the start for the Rainiers who will try to snap their four-game losing streak. Mike Curto will have full coverage of on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Shed Long of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Chasers Come Back for 8-7 Win over Grizzlies - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Come through in the Seventh - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Espino and Lowriders cruise to 8-1 win on Father's Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Back in the Win Column with 7-6 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Defeat NOLA - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Prevails in 6-3 Victory over Tacoma - Round Rock Express
- Long Drives in Two, Rainiers Drop Fourth-Straight in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Early Offense Helps Bees over Sounds - Salt Lake Bees
- Left-hander Suarez goes eight innings, River Cats on wrong end of a 1-0 final score - Sacramento River Cats
- Seven-Run Second Haunts Sounds in Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Evens Series Behind Giambrone and Mills - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Twice, End up on Wrong End of 11-8 Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions' Big-Inning Plagues Aces - Reno Aces
- Missions Double Down on Father's Day - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-40) vs. Salt Lake Bees (30-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-40) vs Las Vegas Aviators (37-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Claiming a Wild Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Howard comes through again as River Cats walk off - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Erase Deficit, Fall in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Lowriders run out of gas in 8-7 defeat to Storm Chasers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Tripped by Oklahoma City - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Score Early and Often in 11-3 Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Rally Comes up Short in Nashville - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Fraley Drives in Game-Winner in Extras, Tacoma Takes Series against Aces
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney
- Rainiers Rank Top-25 in Minor League Baseball in Licensed Merchandise Sales
- Tacoma Rainiers Partner with Carol Milgard Breast Center for Ninth Annual 'Pink at the Park' Event
- Rainiers Split Doubleheader with Fresno in Final Games Before All-Star Break