Late Rally Comes up Short in Nashville
The Salt Lake Bees scored two runs in the ninth, but that left them one run short, as the Nashville Sounds take a 5-4 victory on Saturday night.
Nashville scored two runs in the first off of Salt Lake starter Adrian De Horta and never trailed the rest of the way. The Bees cut the lead to 2-1 on a bases loaded walk to Taylor Ward in the fifth, but Jared Walsh grounded out to end the inning. In the bottom of the fifth, Matt Davidson belted a two run homer off of Nick Tropeano to give the Sounds a 4-1 lead. Nashville added one more run in the sixth before the Bees rallied with one in the eighth on the first home run of the season by Michael Hermosillo. In the ninth, an error and an RBI single by Ward made it a one run game with runners at first and second with no outs, but Salt Lake could not bring home the tying run. The Bees had just one hit in twelve at bats with runners in scoring position.
De Horta (0-2) was charged with the loss, as he went just two and two-third innings and allowed two runs on three hits with a season high equaling four walks, three strikeouts and one hit batter. Luke Bard did pitch a three up, three down bottom of the eighth inning for the Bees. Kaleb Cowart led Salt Lake with two hits, while Ward added one hit and two runs batted in, as the Bees fall to 1-3 on their Tennessee road trip.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Chasers Come Back for 8-7 Win over Grizzlies - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Come through in the Seventh - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Espino and Lowriders cruise to 8-1 win on Father's Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Back in the Win Column with 7-6 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Defeat NOLA - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Prevails in 6-3 Victory over Tacoma - Round Rock Express
- Long Drives in Two, Rainiers Drop Fourth-Straight in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Early Offense Helps Bees over Sounds - Salt Lake Bees
- Left-hander Suarez goes eight innings, River Cats on wrong end of a 1-0 final score - Sacramento River Cats
- Seven-Run Second Haunts Sounds in Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Evens Series Behind Giambrone and Mills - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Twice, End up on Wrong End of 11-8 Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions' Big-Inning Plagues Aces - Reno Aces
- Missions Double Down on Father's Day - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-40) vs. Salt Lake Bees (30-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-40) vs Las Vegas Aviators (37-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Claiming a Wild Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Howard comes through again as River Cats walk off - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Erase Deficit, Fall in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Lowriders run out of gas in 8-7 defeat to Storm Chasers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Tripped by Oklahoma City - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Score Early and Often in 11-3 Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Rally Comes up Short in Nashville - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ