Chihuahuas Come through in the Seventh
The El Paso Chihuahuas scored three runs in the seventh inning to break a late tie and beat the Oklahoma City Dodgers 10-7 Sunday. The win ended El Paso's three-game losing streak.
San Diego Padres righty Dinelson Lamet pitched five innings in an MLB rehab assignment, allowing four runs on four hits. Lamet struck out four and walked one. Luis Urias went 2-for-4 with three RBIs, with two coming on a home run, his team-leading 16th of the season. Ty France reached base four times but didn't hit a home run, ending his team record-tying streak of games with at least one homer at five.
Former Chihuahua Kevin Quackenbush pitched a scoreless eighth inning for Oklahoma City. The loss ended Oklahoma City's team-record nine-game road winning streak.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/dodgers-vs-chihuahuas/2019/06/16/579450#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=579450
Team Records: Oklahoma City (28-40), El Paso (43-26)
Next Game: Monday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Oklahoma City RHP Mitchell White (2-4, 7.71) vs. El Paso LHP Logan Allen (4-3, 5.15). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Chasers Come Back for 8-7 Win over Grizzlies - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Come through in the Seventh - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Espino and Lowriders cruise to 8-1 win on Father's Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Back in the Win Column with 7-6 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Defeat NOLA - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Prevails in 6-3 Victory over Tacoma - Round Rock Express
- Long Drives in Two, Rainiers Drop Fourth-Straight in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Early Offense Helps Bees over Sounds - Salt Lake Bees
- Left-hander Suarez goes eight innings, River Cats on wrong end of a 1-0 final score - Sacramento River Cats
- Seven-Run Second Haunts Sounds in Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Evens Series Behind Giambrone and Mills - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Twice, End up on Wrong End of 11-8 Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions' Big-Inning Plagues Aces - Reno Aces
- Missions Double Down on Father's Day - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-40) vs. Salt Lake Bees (30-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-40) vs Las Vegas Aviators (37-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Claiming a Wild Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Howard comes through again as River Cats walk off - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Erase Deficit, Fall in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Lowriders run out of gas in 8-7 defeat to Storm Chasers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Tripped by Oklahoma City - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Score Early and Often in 11-3 Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Rally Comes up Short in Nashville - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Chihuahuas, Locomotive & Southwest University Park Announce Partnership with Professional Sports Catering
- Chihuahuas and L&F Distributors Release Co-Branded Beer Can
- Chihuahuas Individual Game Tickets for the 2020 Season on Sale Tomorrow
- Star Wars and Three Replica Jersey Giveaways Highlight Chihuahuas 2020 Promotions
- Chihuahuas Individual Game Tickets for the 2020 Season on Sale February 22