Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Reno Aces
San Antonio Missions (43-26) vs. Reno Aces (29-39)
Game #70/Home Game #34
Sunday, June 16, 2:05 p.m.
Nelson Wolff Stadium
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Aaron Wilkerson (5-1, 1.59) vs. LHP Alex Young (4-2, 6.23)
Bouncing Back: Today's starting pitcher for the Missions, Aaron Wilkerson had his toughest outing of the season in his last start on June 10 at Las Vegas. He allowed six runs on five hits in 2/3 of an inning. It was the ninth start of Wilkerson's career in which he has allowed five or more earned runs. Historically Wilkerson has been resilient and bounced back nicely after tough outings. Wilkerson has logged a quality start four times in his career when coming off a start in which he allowed five or more earned runs.
So Extra: Last night's 12-inning affair was just the fourth extra-inning game of the season for the Missions and the second on the homestand. It was Reno's second extra-inning game of the season and first since Opening Day. The 3:56, 12-inning game was the longest of the season for the Missions both in terms of innings played and time of game. Fresno and Sacramento have each played 10 extra-inning games this season, which are the most in the PCL.
Hitting in Bunches: With his three-hit effort last night Mauricio Dubon ran his hitting streak to seven-games and boosted his batting average above .300 for the first time since April 11. It was his third straight multi-hit game, which matched a season-long stretch, and his team-leading 20th of the season. Dubon has been one of San Antonio's most consistent hitters all season and has gone hitless in back-to-back games just three times this year. He has at least one hit in 50 of the 64 games he has played.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) Some big names with prospect power pick up midseason [ð] https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/midseason-player-of-the-year-for-all-30-organizations/
San Antonio Missions (@missionsmilb) Celebrate Father's Day with us at The Wolff! Dads and their kids can play catch on the field from 1:00-1:20 this afternoon. #HappyFathersDay
San Antonio Missions (@missionsmilb) Let's send @Mauriciodubon10 to the @TripleABaseball All-Star Game! Vote for him and the rest of the Missions today! milb.com/ballot
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb) Get tested! For Father's Day, the Missions and @MiLB have teamed up with the Derrick Hall Pro- State Foundation to spread awareness of prostate cancer and the importance of early screening. #MiLBGoPro
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Chasers Come Back for 8-7 Win over Grizzlies - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Come through in the Seventh - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Espino and Lowriders cruise to 8-1 win on Father's Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Back in the Win Column with 7-6 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Defeat NOLA - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Prevails in 6-3 Victory over Tacoma - Round Rock Express
- Long Drives in Two, Rainiers Drop Fourth-Straight in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Early Offense Helps Bees over Sounds - Salt Lake Bees
- Left-hander Suarez goes eight innings, River Cats on wrong end of a 1-0 final score - Sacramento River Cats
- Seven-Run Second Haunts Sounds in Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Evens Series Behind Giambrone and Mills - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Twice, End up on Wrong End of 11-8 Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions' Big-Inning Plagues Aces - Reno Aces
- Missions Double Down on Father's Day - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-40) vs. Salt Lake Bees (30-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-40) vs Las Vegas Aviators (37-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Claiming a Wild Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Howard comes through again as River Cats walk off - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Erase Deficit, Fall in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Lowriders run out of gas in 8-7 defeat to Storm Chasers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Tripped by Oklahoma City - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Score Early and Often in 11-3 Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Rally Comes up Short in Nashville - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.