Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-40) vs. Salt Lake Bees (30-37)
Game #69: Nashville Sounds (28-40) vs. Salt Lake Bees (30-37)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Pedro Payano (0-1, 4.26) vs. LHP Patrick Sandoval (2-2, 5.18)
First Pitch: 2:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 1:00 p.m.
Bringing Dad to the game for Father's Day? Gift him with a pair of custom Nashville Sounds socks. The socks are an exclusive add-on option when purchasing tickets online.
Middle Tennessee Hyundai Dealers pre-game autograph session with select Sounds players from 1:00 to 1:15 p.m.
Postgame Kids (12 & under) and Dads Run the Bases presented by First Tennessee.
Postgame Family Catch on the Field.
All fans receive one pack of Martin's Potato Rolls upon exiting First Tennessee Park.
From the Notes
Pedro Payano: 24-year-old Pedro Payano starts for the Sounds this afternoon. The right-hander is making his 4th appearance with Nashville after he made his Triple-A debut on May 30 against New Orleans. He is 0-1 with a 4.26 ERA in 3 games (2 starts). He pitched in 8 games with Double-A Frisco and went 3-1 with a 4.43 ERA in 42.2 innings prior to being transferred to Nashville on May 29. Payano spent his 2018 season with Frisco where he went 5-10 with a 5.54 ERA in 25 games (22 starts). The New York City native is 41-34 in his minor league career with a 3.58 ERA while covering 132 games (116 starts). He was signed by the Texas Rangers as a non-drafted free agent on July 2, 2011.
Day Game Vibes: Nashville plays its 19th day game of the season this afternoon. The teams has collectively hit .246 (139-for-565) with a .748 OPS in day games. Opponents are hitting .287 (166-for-578) with a .853 OPS. Eli White has the best numbers for a Sounds player with a .339 (19-for-56) average with 10 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 3 home runs, 5 RBI and 3 walks in 15 games. The Sounds are 7-11 in day games in 2019.
Looking for .500 in June: A win this afternoon against Salt Lake would give Nashville a 7-7 record in the month of June. After a tough April in which the Sounds went 8-18, they righted the ship in May with a 14-15 mark. Pitching has been key in the turnaround. Nashville's June ERA is 4.01 compared to 5.52 in April and 5.84 in May.
It's 50/50: In 100 all-time meetings between the Sounds and Bees, the two teams are split down the middle at 50 wins each. In Nashville, the Sounds are 22-27 all-time against the Bees. The Sounds have not won a series at home against Salt Lake since 2008 when they took three of four games.
Pack the Park: The sellout crowd of 11,622 last night was the 8th-largest crowd in First Tennessee Park history. It was the third straight sellout, 10th of the season and 85th in ballpark history. Through the first four games of the homestand, 42,158 fans have passed through gates.
I'll be on First: Three active Sounds have on-base streaks of at least 10 games. Carlos Tocci has reached safely in 14 straight games, Tyler Pill has reached safely in 13 consecutive and Eli White has been on base in 10 straight. Hunter Cole, who is on the 7-day injured list, has a 17-game on-base streak.
What's the word around Nashville?
Ballpark Digest (@ballparkdigest)
We're on to the third round of the Ballpark Digest 2019 MiLB Triple-A #bestoftheballparks fan vote! We're asking you to choose between First Tennessee Park (@nashvillesounds home) and Raley Field (@RiverCats home). Every vote counts! To vote, go here: ballparkdigest.com/2019/06/15/eli...
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
Happy Father's Day from the Nashville Sounds! #FathersDay2019
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Chasers Come Back for 8-7 Win over Grizzlies - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Come through in the Seventh - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Espino and Lowriders cruise to 8-1 win on Father's Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Back in the Win Column with 7-6 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Defeat NOLA - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Prevails in 6-3 Victory over Tacoma - Round Rock Express
- Long Drives in Two, Rainiers Drop Fourth-Straight in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Early Offense Helps Bees over Sounds - Salt Lake Bees
- Left-hander Suarez goes eight innings, River Cats on wrong end of a 1-0 final score - Sacramento River Cats
- Seven-Run Second Haunts Sounds in Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Evens Series Behind Giambrone and Mills - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Twice, End up on Wrong End of 11-8 Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions' Big-Inning Plagues Aces - Reno Aces
- Missions Double Down on Father's Day - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-40) vs. Salt Lake Bees (30-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-40) vs Las Vegas Aviators (37-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Claiming a Wild Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Howard comes through again as River Cats walk off - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Erase Deficit, Fall in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Lowriders run out of gas in 8-7 defeat to Storm Chasers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Tripped by Oklahoma City - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Score Early and Often in 11-3 Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Rally Comes up Short in Nashville - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-55) at San Antonio Missions (60-36)
- Sounds Lose Tight Game in San Antonio
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-54) vs. San Antonio Missions (59-36)
- Sounds Return Home Friday for Six-Game, Seven-Day Homestand
- Sounds Open San Antonio Series with Loss