Chihuahuas Tripped by Oklahoma City
The Oklahoma City Dodgers scored eight early runs and beat the El Paso Chihuahuas 11-3 Saturday in the first matchup of the season between the two teams. The Chihuahuas have dropped three straight games to match their longest losing streak of the season.
Ty France went 1-for-4 with a solo home run, his fifth consecutive game with at least one homer, tying Austin Hedges and Franmil Reyes for the longest streak in team history. Jason Vosler's pinch-hit home run was El Paso's first since Jacob Scavuzzo on April 20 vs. Reno.
Former Chihuahua Shane Peterson went 4-for-5 with a home run for Oklahoma City. The Dodgers have won a team-record nine straight road games.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/dodgers-vs-chihuahuas/2019/06/15/579449#game_state=final,game_tab=,game=579449
Team Records: Oklahoma City (28-39), El Paso (42-26)
Next Game: Sunday, 6:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Oklahoma City LHP Rob Zastryzny (2-2, 6.32) vs. El Paso RHP Dinelson Lamet (MLB Rehab). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Chasers Come Back for 8-7 Win over Grizzlies - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Come through in the Seventh - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Espino and Lowriders cruise to 8-1 win on Father's Day - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Back in the Win Column with 7-6 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Defeat NOLA - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Prevails in 6-3 Victory over Tacoma - Round Rock Express
- Long Drives in Two, Rainiers Drop Fourth-Straight in Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Early Offense Helps Bees over Sounds - Salt Lake Bees
- Left-hander Suarez goes eight innings, River Cats on wrong end of a 1-0 final score - Sacramento River Cats
- Seven-Run Second Haunts Sounds in Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Evens Series Behind Giambrone and Mills - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Twice, End up on Wrong End of 11-8 Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions' Big-Inning Plagues Aces - Reno Aces
- Missions Double Down on Father's Day - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-40) vs. Salt Lake Bees (30-37) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Reno Aces - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-40) vs Las Vegas Aviators (37-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Claiming a Wild Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Howard comes through again as River Cats walk off - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Erase Deficit, Fall in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Lowriders run out of gas in 8-7 defeat to Storm Chasers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Tripped by Oklahoma City - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Score Early and Often in 11-3 Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Rally Comes up Short in Nashville - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Chihuahuas and Locomotive Front Office Staffs to Offer Support to Area Non-Profit Organizations
- Announcement Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Chihuahuas to Host Father's Day Catch on the Field Presented by Bank of America
- El Paso Chihuahuas, El Paso Locomotive FC, and FC Juarez Bravos Announce Plan to Unify the Borderplex During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Chihuahuas, Locomotive & Southwest University Park Announce Partnership with Professional Sports Catering