Kalamazoo Wings @ Fort Wayne Komets
Friday, October 31st
Allen County Memorial Coliseum Listen Live: http://echl.neulion.com/echl/schedule?daytoday
Kalamazoo will begin the week this Friday, October 31st with a 8 p.m. encounter against the Fort Wayne Komets at Allen County Memorial Coliseum. Friday night with be the middle game of a three-game road swing for the K-Wings.
Kalamazoo Wings @ Fort Wayne Komets
Saturday, November 1st
Allen County Memorial Coliseum
Listen Live: http://echl.neulion.com/echl/schedule?daytoday
The K-Wings and Komets will square off again at Allen County Memorial Coliseum on Saturday, November 1st at 7:30 p.m. Saturday will be the third of 15 regular season encounters between the K-Wings and Komets. Kalamazoo trails the season series with a record of 0-0-1-0. Fort Wayne begins the week in first place (5-0-0-0, 10 points) in the North Division and is one of three (Evansville IceMen and Tulsa Oilers) remaining undefeated teams in the ECHL.
On the Ice The following is the K-Wings practice schedule for the week (subject to change) -Tuesday: 10:00-11:30 am (Wings Stadium) -Wednesday: 10:00-11:30 am (Wings Stadium) -Thursday: 10:00-11:30 am (Wings Stadium) -Friday: 10:15 am-11 am (Morning State at Wings Stadium in preparation for game @ Fort Wayne) -Saturday: 11:15 am-12 pm (Morning State at Memorial Coliseum in preparation for game @ FTW) -Sunday: No Practice
Wednesday, October 22nd @ Indy Fuel (Kalamazoo 5-Indy 4-In Overtime)
INDIANAPOLIS - Returning to the Indiana State Fairgrounds Coliseum for the first time since he played junior hockey for the Indiana Ice (2006-07), Eric Kattelus made the most out of his homecoming by netting two goals including the game-winner in the Kalamazoo Wings 5-4 overtime victory over the Indy Fuel. Read More
Friday, October 24th Vs Fort Wayne Komets (Fort Wayne 3-Kalamazoo 2-In Overtime)
KALAMAZOO - Needing extra time the Fort Wayne (3-0-0-0) remained undefeated by upending the Kalamazoo Wings (2-1-1-0) 3-2 in overtime in front of a standing room only crowd of 5,122 Friday night at Wings Stadium during the K-Wings home opener and 11th annual Orange Ice Game, presented by Meijer. Read More
Saturday, October 25th @ Cincinnati Cyclones (Kalamazoo 8-Cincinnati 2)
CINCINNATI - Starting a three-game road swing, the Kalamazoo Wings made a statement on Saturday by scoring six unanswered goals en route to defeating the defending Eastern Conference champions, the Cincinnati Cyclones (1-1-0-0) 8-2 at the U.S. Bank Arena. Read More
Current ECHL Stats
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings
Goals: Ludwig Blomstrand (4 Goals)
Assists: Sacha Guimond, Curtis Valk (6 Assists)
Points: Curtis Valk (9 Points)
+/-: Isaac Macleod (+5) Penalty Minutes: Sam Ftorek (10 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Seven Players Tied (1 Goal)
Short Handed Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals)
Game Winning Goals: Eric Kattelus, Alex Mallet, Lane Scheidl (1 GW)
Shots: Josh Brittian (16 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Curtis Valk (37.5%)
Overtime Goals: Eric Kattelus (1 Goal)
Shootout Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals)
Shootout Percentage: Entire Team (0%)
Goals Against Average: Scott Munroe (2.00 )
Save Percentage: Scott Munroe (0.920)
Forward Curtis Valk has started the season on fire. Valk enters the week on a K-Wings' season-high five-game point streak and leads all ECHL players with in scoring with nine points (3 goals, 6 assists).
Kalamazoo starts the week looking to extend two streaks. Kalamazoo is riding a three-game road winning streak, as well as a four-game (3-0-1-0) overall unbeaten streak.
Killing Time Kalamazoo's penalty killing unit has been doing their job. The K-Wings have killed off 14 straight power-play opportunities from their opponents.
Productive at the Point
Defenseman Sacha Guimond starts the week on a four-game point streak. With seven points (1 goal, 6 assists), Guimond also leads all ECHL blue liners in scoring.
The Obscure Stat of the Week Kalamazoo's eight-goal outburst last Saturday tied the team's record for second most in their ECHL history. The K-Wings record for most goals was nine scored on March 18,2012 against the Toledo Walleye.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now stopping by the Wings Stadium Ticket Office, any Ticketmaster location or at kwings.com.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's website at www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more.
K-Wings on the Net
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Broadcast Network at www.echl.tv . Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pregame coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your smart phones, tablets and computers logged onto to the K-Wings Broadcast Network.
Friday, October 31st @ Fort Wayne 8:00 PM
Saturday, November 1st @ Fort Wayne 7:30 PM
Friday, November 7th Vs Elmira 7:30 PM (Van Andel Institute Purple Community Night)
Saturday, November 8th Vs Elmira 7:30 PM (Military Appreciation Night presented by AmeriFirst Home Mortgage)
Wednesday, November 12th Vs Fort Wayne 10:30 AM (Education Day presented by United Health Care, Rx Optical)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.