Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski
Independence, MO (October 27, 2014) -- Missouri Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Richard Matvichuk announced on Monday that the club has acquired defenseman Alex Lepkowski from the Greenville Road Warriors in exchange for future considerations.
The Buffalo, New York native was drafted by his home town team (Buffalo Sabres) in the fifth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and played eight games last season with the Sabres top affiliate, the Rochester Americans (AHL). He also dressed in one game with Greenville last season.
Lepkowski, 21, played five seasons in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) seeing action with Saginaw, Barrie and Oshawa. His top season was with Barrie during the 2011-12 campaign where he scored eight goals with three assists in 51 games.
The Missouri Mavericks play their next game on the road against the Tulsa Oilers at the BOK Center. Puck drops at 7:35pm (CST). Strikerz Entertainment Center is the Missouri Mavericks Official Watch Party Destination, join Mavericks fans there for every Mavs away game and enjoy great food and drink special all night while you cheer on your favorite hockey team! GO MAVS!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs Explode against West's Top Team, Defeat Rapid City 10-1
- Mavericks, KCWE Add Road Broadcast to TV Schedule
- Mavs Earn First Road Point of the Season, But Fall in OT at Indy
- Carzo Scores 100th ECHL Goal, But Mavs Drop Monday Night Contest
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Look to Gain Ground in Division After Weekend Sweep of Utah