Road Warriors Weekly
LAST WEEK'S RECAP
Overall Picture: The Road Warriors (2-2-0-0) were impressive in a pair of wins last weekend against two East Division rivals. On Friday, goaltender Jeff Malcolm made 22 saves for his first professional shutout as the Warriors topped South Carolina, 3-0, in front of 5,321 fans on Opening Night at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena. The Warriors carried their Opening Night momentum into their game the next night in Gwinnett. Winger Emerson Clark led the way, scoring twice and adding two fights as Greenville topped the Gwinnett Gladiators, 5-1, in North Georgia.
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Thursday, October 30 vs. South Carolina (1-1-0-0), 7:00 p.m. ET**
Friday, October 31 at South Carolina (0-1-0-0), 7:05 p.m. ET
Saturday, November 1 at South Carolina (1-2-0-0), 7:05 p.m. ET
Brick Wall: A second-year pro, goaltender Jeff Malcolm registered his first professional shutout on Friday and allowed just one goal in Saturday's victory at Gwinnett. Consequently, the 25-year old has now allowed just one tally in his last 144:43 of playing time dating back to the second period of the season opener on October 18th in Orlando. A native of Lethbridge, Alberta, Malcolm notched six shutouts over four seasons at Yale University, including a 36-save effort in the title game of Yale's 2013 Frozen Four Championship.
The Perfect Kill: Greenville's penalty kill was a perfect 8-for-8 last weekend and is now a combined 17-for-17 on the season. Furthermore, the Road Warriors are one of just two teams (along with Ontario) that have not allowed a power play goal through at least four games. Last season, Greenville led the league in penalty killing with a success rate greater than 87%.
Shots, Shots, Shots: The Road Warriors have outshot their opponent in each of their first four games this season and are currently sixth in the league with an average of more than 33 shots per game.
Picking Up Where He Left Off: Emerson Clark led the Road Warriors last season with 231 penalty minutes, which was 112 more than the next highest total. Now just four games into the 2014-15 campaign, Clark again leads the roster with 33 penalty minutes and three fights.
** The Road Warriors return home on Thursday, October 30th to face the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:00 p.m. It's the first Thirsty Thursday of the season featuring $2 domestic beers, hot dogs, fountain drinks and pretzels. The Warriors are also offering fans a special $5 ticket at the Box Office while supplies last! If you haven't selected ticket plan for this season, 2014-15 ticket plans start as low as $81! Call a Road Warriors Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK or visit GreenvilleRoadWarriors.com/tickets-overview.html to secure your Road Warriors tickets today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.