2-1-0-0 (Tied 3rd North Division) (Week Record 2-0-0-0) (Streak 2 Wins)
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Friday October 24 @ Brampton Beast (6-3 Win)
Sunday October 26 @ Brampton Beast (4-2 Win)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
Saturday November 1 @ Gwinnett Gladiators (7:05 p.m.) (6:35 p.m., 1230 AM Fox Sports)
Sunday November 2 @ Gwinnett Gladiators (2:05 p.m.) (1:35 p.m., 1230 AM Fox Sports)
For the latest news on the Toledo Walleye visit www.toledowalleye.com
Walleye Weekly Schedule
(Monday, October 27 through Sunday, November 2)
Monday, October 27 - No Practice
Tuesday, October 28 - Practice 10:00 a.m. at Tam-O-Shanter
Wednesday, October 29 - Practice 10:00 a.m. at Tam-O-Shanter
Thursday, October 30 - Practice 10:00 a.m. at Tam-O-Shanter
Friday, October 31 - Practice in Gwinnett
Saturday, November 1 - Game at Gwinnett at 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, November 2 - Game at Gwinnett at 2:05 p.m.
**PLEASE NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Ã Getting the First One! The Walleye picked up its first victory of the young season 6-3 Friday night at Brampton. It was also the first ECHL win for Head Coach Derek Lalonde. Toledo's bench boss had 111 wins while coaching Green Bay in the USHL. The Walleye would complete the weekend sweep by scoring four unanswered goals to erase a 2-0 Sunday deficit in a 4-2 win over Brampton.
Ã Never Been Done Before! With a goal scored in each game over the weekend, forward Dane Walters has become the first player in Walleye history to score a goal in three straight games to open up a season.
Ã Striking Early! Forward Josh Holmstrom put Toledo on the board just 12 seconds into Friday night's 6-3 win. The fastest goal to start a period by a Walleye player is 8 seconds into the third period scored by Scott Arnold on November 1, 2013 at Kalamazoo.
Ã Shots, Shots and more Shots! Toledo's 47 shots Friday came up just four shots shy of tying a Walleye record for the most shots on net in a game. The record is 51 set on March 6, 2010 against Charlotte. The Walleye leader in shots Friday night was Justin Mercier with 10.
Ã Speaking of Shots! Toledo added another 41 shots on goal Sunday in Brampton for a weekend total of 88. The Walleye lead the ECHL in shots per game averaging 41.33 per contest. Toledo has put a total of 124 shots on net in just three games this season, besting the 2011-12 Walleye team that had 101 shots on goal through three contests. On the flip side, Toledo has allowed a total 69 shots in the three contests which is also a Walleye best (92 by the 2011-12 team) and the 23.00 per game allowed is second best in the league.
Ã Hello to the South! The Walleye have a pair of games this week as they head south to take on the Gwinnet Gladiators. This will be the first time the Walleye have played in Gwinnet since November 6, 2011 (a 5-2 win). The Walleye have a record of 6-5-1 since 2009 against Gwinnett, including 1-0-1 last year.
Walleye Player of the Week:
Dane Walters (2 goals - 2 assists = 4 points)
Walleye Goaltender of the Week:
Jeff Lerg (1-0-0, 2.00 gaa, .935 save %)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.