Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri
Greenville, SC - The Greenville Road Warriors, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, today announced defenseman Alex Lepkowski has been traded to the Missouri Mavericks for future considerations.
Lepkowski, 21, did not make an appearance for the Road Warriors this season. The Buffalo, New York native spent the majority of the 2013-14 campaign with the Oshawa Generals in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), where he played 25 games and notched four assists. Lepkwoski also made his pro debut last season and played eight games with the Rochester Americans (AHL) before spending one game with the Road Warriors.
Prior to last season, the 6'4, 204-pound defenseman played four seasons in the OHL with the Saginaw Spirit and Barrie Colts. Over 203 games, he produced 27 points (8g, 19a) and 238 penalty minutes.
Lepkowski was drafted in the fifth round (#137 overall) by the Buffalo Sabres in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
The Road Warriors return home on Thursday, Oct. 30 for a 7:00 p.m. puck drop against the South Carolina Stingrays. It's the first Thirsty Thursday of the season featuring $2 domestic beers, hot dogs, fountain drinks and pretzels. The Warriors are also offering a special $5 ticket at the Box Office while supplies last! If you haven't selected a ticket plan for this season, 2014-15 plans start as low as $81! Call a Road Warriors Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK or visit GreenvilleRoadWarriors.com/tickets-overview.html !
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2020 Training Camp Roster
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Swamp Rabbits Align with Florida Panthers, Remain Partnered with Charlotte Checkers
- Dynamic Forward Liam Pecararo Rejoins for '20-21
- Swamp Rabbits Ink Goaltender John Lethemon