Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report
| Upcoming Games|
- Friday, October 31st - Missouri Mavericks at Tulsa Oilers - BOK Center - 7:35pm (CST)
- Saturday, November 1st - Missouri Mavericks at Wichita Thunder - INTRUST Bank Arena - 7:05pm (CST)
| Upcoming Events|
- Dinner on Ice - Wednesday, October 12th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
o The Missouri Mavericks have been proud partners with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City for a number of years. Through this partnership, the unique Dinner on Ice event was created six years ago. This fun evening features dinner on the floor of the Independence Events Center served by Mavericks' players.
o Join us for a dynamic and unique evening on ice, but, more importantly, help the Clubs ensure quality and safe programs for youth in Greater Kansas City when they are not in school.
o For more information about this event, please contact the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City at giving@helpKCKids.org or call 816-361-3600 X231.
| Last Week |
- MISSOURI (1) @ INDY (5) - Friday, October 24th
- The Missouri Mavericks struggled during a two minute stretch of the third period as they fell in a fairly evenly played game by a 5-1 count against the Indy Fuel on Friday night in their first ECHL game.
- David Rutherford scored the lone goal for Missouri, but it was Indy's offensive outburst in the final frame where they scored three times in a 2:13 stretch, finished with four third period goals, that was the difference.
- MISSOURI (2) @ FORT WAYNE (6) - Saturday, October 25th
- The Missouri Mavericks dropped their second game of the season by a four point margin on Saturday night when they faced the offensive onslaught of the Fort Wayne Komets that sent them from the ice with a 6-2 loss.
- After trailing 3-0 for the first forty minutes of the game, the Mavericks broke onto the scoreboard with two quick goals in the third period to come within one of the Komets, but the momentum swung the opposite way just as quickly, with Fort Wayne racking up another 3 goals in the final half of the period to seal their 6-2 win.
| This Week |
- The Missouri Mavericks look to shake off their rocky start to the season this week and focus on working the kinks out of their systems on the ice in practice ahead of their back-to-back road game weekend against familiar foes the Tulsa Oiler and the Wichita Thunder.
o MIZ @ TUL - Friday, October 31st - 7:35pm (CST)
o MIZ @ WIC - Saturday, November 1st - 7:05pm (CST)
| Mavericks Ledes |
o On Friday, October 24th the Missouri Mavericks officially announced that veteran forward Sebastien Thinel had been voted Team Captain by his teammates for the fourth consecutive year.
o Andrew Courtney and veteran Garett Bembridge will wear the "A" as Alternate Captains during home games for the Mavericks this season, and veterans Scott Langdon and David Rutherford will wear the "A" during away games for the Mavs.
- Season Tickets
o For the 6th consecutive season, the Missouri Mavericks have increased their Season Ticket Holder accounts entering the 2014-15 season.
- Mavericks sign KC native, Jared Brown.
o On Monday, October 13th the Missouri Mavericks signed KC native Jared Brown to their 2014-15 roster. The Gardner, Kansas local spent his last two seasons north in South Dakota, playing for Mavs league rival the Rapid City Rush. A fan of everything Kansas City, Brown is happy to be home playing for the Mavericks and representing the city he loves.
- Mavericks welcome "The New Era" of hockey with move to ECHL
o On Tuesday, October 7th the Missouri Mavericks were officially accepted as a member team of the ECHL, along with the 6 other teams of the former Central Hockey League (CHL), forming one Premier "AA' Hockey League in North America. This historic move brings about many changes for the KC franchise, but changes for the better that should leave no doubt in fans' minds that hockey is here to stay in Kansas City.
o The Missouri Mavericks are now a part of a 28 team league spanning from coast to coast with clubs in 20 states and 1 Canadian province. Now in its 27th season, the ECHL has affiliations with 28 of the 30 National Hockey League (NHL) teams in 2014-15. There have been over 541 players who have gone on to play in the NHL after starting their careers in the ECHL. 72 former ECHL players were on opening-day rosters in the NHL this season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs Take Wild Tilt at Florida, Win 5-4 in OT
- Mavericks Comeback Effort Thwarted by Early Deficit in Florida, Fall 5-3
- Mavericks Collect 4,717 Stuffed Toys from Annual Teddy Bear Toss
- Mavs Shutout for First Time All Season, Lose 4-0 to Indy
- Mavs Monday: KC Continues to Roll with Winning Weekend