Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday
ELMIRA, N.Y. - October 27, 2014 - The Elmira Jackals, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres and AHL's Rochester Americans, announced today that defenseman Matt MacKenzie has been recalled from Elmira to Rochester and forward Brodie Reid has been loaned to the St. John's IceCaps. Additionally, the Jackals announced today that they have signed goaltender Sam Marotta and have released goaltender Tony Capobianco.
MacKenzie, 23, recorded 11 penalty minutes in three games with the Jackals. He has also recorded one assist in two games with Rochester this season. The Burnaby, British Columbia native set career highs with the Americans last season, posting 10 points (two goals, eight assists) and 84 penalty minutes in 64 games. MacKenzie has registered 19 points (two goals, 17 assists) and 168 penalty minutes in 116 career AHL games with Rochester. He was selected by the Buffalo Sabres in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Reid, 25, has notched four points (one goal, three assists) in five games with the Jackals this season. The Delta, British Columbia native spent the last three seasons with the Worcester Sharks, the AHL affiliate of the NHL's San Jose Sharks. The 6-foot-1 195-pound forward posted double-digit goals in each of his three seasons with the Sharks and totaled 71 points (31 goals, 40 assists) in 155 AHL games.
Marotta, 23, joins the Jackals after starting the season with the Fayetteville FireAntz of the Southern Professional Hockey League. He appeared in one game with the FireAntz after participating in the Reading Royals' training camp. Marotta stopped all 13 shots he faced in 20 minutes of work against the Jackals on October 11 in the team's second preseason game. The Bridgewater, Massachusetts native competed for four seasons at Merrimack College before entering the professional ranks.
Capobianco, 24, appeared in two games this season and posted a 0-0-0 record with a 5.20 goals-against-average and a .838 save percentage. He joined Elmira following the conclusion of his collegiate career at Canisius College and posted an 0-1-0 record with a 4.34 goals-against-average and an .844 save percentage in two games. Capobianco also played in three games for the Adirondack Phantoms of the American Hockey League last season and recorded a 1-2-0 record with a 2.88 goals-against-average and a .906 save percentage.
All Elmira Jackals broadcasts are carried on WNGZ 104.9 FM and 93.5 FM in Elmira. Fans can also access live streaming of the broadcast online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet at www.jackalshockey.com. Neulion provides pay-per-view internet TV broadcasts of all Jackals games as well. Check out how you can watch the Jackals on Neulion by clicking here. All Jackals broadcasts begin 15 minutes prior to faceoff with the Pregame Show.
Don't miss a minute of the action with Jackals season tickets! Call (607) 734-7825 or visit jackalshockey.com to order your season tickets today. Can't make it to every game? No problem! The Jackals are offering 10 and 20-game select and flex ticket plans!
Follow the Jackals at www.jackalshockey.com, on Facebook, Twitter (@JackalsHockey) and Instagram for all the latest news and updates.
Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on discounted group tickets and a list of group benefits, call (607) 734-7825 or visit http://www.jackalshockey.com/groups/.
Officially licensed Elmira Jackals replica team jerseys, apparel and headwear can be purchased online at: http://www.jackalshockey.com/
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.