INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, claimed their first win in franchise history, 5-1 over the Missouri Mavericks at the Fairgrounds Coliseum on Friday. Through six games played in the 2014-15 ECHL season, the Fuel remain tied for third-place in the North Division standings with four points at 1-3-1-1. Prior to Friday's victory, the Fuel dropped an overtime decision at home to the Kalamazoo Wings on Wednesday. Additionally, Indy lost to the Evansville IceMen at the Ford Center in Evansville on Saturday by a 4-2 final score and were defeated on home ice on Sunday afternoon by the Fort Wayne Komets by a final score of 4-0.
Last Week's Record: 1-2-1-0
Wednesday: Kalamazoo Wings 5 vs. INDY FUEL 4 (OT)
Friday: Missouri Mavericks 1 vs. INDY FUEL 5
Saturday: Indy Fuel 2 vs. EVANSVILLE ICEMEN 4
Sunday: Fort Wayne Komets 4 vs. INDY FUEL 0
Overall Record: 1-3-1-1, 4 points, T3rd in North Division
This Week's Games: (Home team in all caps)
Friday: Evansville IceMen vs. INDY FUEL, 7:35 pm, Fairgrounds Coliseum
Join the Fuel for "Halloween Trunk or Treat Night" at the Fairgrounds Coliseum! Bring the whole family to the Safe Night Trunk or Treat Event on the Indiana State Fairgrounds from 5-7 pm. Then, all youth ticket holders in attendance for the Fuel's matchup vs. their in-state rivals, the Evansville IceMen, will receive a complimentary Indy Fuel Halloween goodie bag!
Saturday: Indy Fuel vs. EVANSVILLE ICEMEN, 8:15 pm, Ford Center
- F Robert Czarnik (5G, 2A - 7 PTS) is currently tied for third in the ECHL in points and leads the league in goals, power-play goals (3) and power-play points (4).
- Czarnik's four-game goal streak (5G) to start the season was and remains the longest such streak in the ECHL this year.
- F Garret Klotz ranks fifth in the ECHL in penalty minutes (23) and is tied for the league lead in major penalties (3).
- F Rhett Bly (3G, 3A - 6 PTS) is currently tied for third among rookie ECHL skaters in points and tied for the league-lead among rookies in power-play assists (3).
- Bly's five-game point streak (6 PTS) to start the season was and remains tied for the longest such streak in the ECHL this year.
- D Nick Jones is tied with Bly for the league-wide lead among rookies in power-play assists (3) and leads ECHL rookies with four power-play points. Jones is also tied for third among ECHL defensemen in scoring with one goal and five points to his credit so far this season.
- Fuel F Jamie Wise's 17 shots on goal rank third league-wide among rookie skaters.
- The Fuel are outshooting their opponents 64-48 in the second period so far this season, the only frame in which Indy has an advantage in shots on goal overall.
Fuel Team Leaders:
Goals: Robert Czarnik (5)
Assists: Nick Jones (4)
Points: Robert Czarnik (7)
+/-: Robert Czarnik, Jamie Wise, Ildar Telyakov (2)
Shots: Jamie Wise (17)
PIM: Garrett Klotz (25)
PPG: Robert Czarnik (3)
Wins: Cody Reichard (1)
GAA: Cody Reichard (2.74)
S%: Cody Reichard (.898)
Fuel in the Community:
Friday: The Fuel and "Nitro" will be trick-or-treating at Peyton Manning Children's Hospital.
Saturday: Join "Nitro" and the Fuel from 8-10 am at the Fisher's Forum for youth hockey registration!
Get Tickets: Secure your full and half season ticket plans, nine-game mini packs and group seats online at www.indyfuelhockey.com and grab single-game Fuel tickets at any Ticketmaster location, online at www.Ticketmaster.com and via the Fairgrounds Coliseum box office at 1202 East 38th Street in Indianapolis during regular business hours, weekdays from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
In 2014-15, the Indy Fuel, the proud "AA" affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and AHL's Rockford IceHogs, drop the puck on their first season in the ECHL. Season ticket packages for the Fuel's inaugural campaign are available now starting at just under $12 per game! To reserve your seats, contact the Fuel today at (317) 925-FUEL or visit www.indyfuelhockey.com for more information. Be sure to follow the Fuel on Twitter @IndyFuel and don't forget to 'Like' the official "Indy Fuel" fan page on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Indy Fuel to Make Coaching Change for 2019-20 Season
- Fuel Announce 2018-19 Team Award Winners
- Fuel Outlast Nailers in Season Finale
- Fuel Eliminated from Playoff Contention After Shootout Loss to Komets
- Fuel Rally in Comeback Win over the Komets to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive