Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut
CINCINNATI, Ohio - Former Cyclones goaltender Scott Darling became the 16th alum in club history to make his NHL debut when he started in net for the Chicago Blackhawks last night.
Darling impressed in his first NHL game, making 32 saves on 33 shots against the Ottawa Senators to help the Blackhawks earn a 2-1 win. He was also named the first star of the game.
The Lemont, Illinois native played six games for the Cyclones during the 2013-14 season, earning a 4-1-1 record and a 2.61 goals-against average. He also spent ample time in the American Hockey League (AHL) last season, accruing a 13-6-0 record and an 2.00 goals-against average.
Darling is the 16th former Cyclones since the 2006-07 season to make his NHL debut, and the first this season. Click here to see the full list of Cyclones alums who have made their NHL debut.
The 'Clones will head back out on the road this weekend as they visit the Quad City Mallards, a new ECHL team this season, on Friday and Saturday night. Both contests are set to begin at 8:00pm ET. Fans can hear the action live on the Cyclones Radio Network and watch at Game Time Sports Bar and Grill in Cheviot via ECHL.TV beginning at 7:40pm ET.
The Cyclones will return to U.S. Bank Arena on Friday, November 7 when they welcome in the Indy Fuel at 7:30pm. It will be the first Kids Eat FREE Night of the season where fans ages 2-12 will enjoy some FREE food courtesy of John Morrell. In addition, there will be the first of two pre-game Bourbon Tasting events in 2014-15. Call 513.421.PUCK to secure your seats and for more details. Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the season on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.