Mallards Deal for Nelson
MOLINE, Ill. (October 27, 2014) - The Quad City Mallards have acquired rookie forward Logan Nelson from the Rapid City Rush in exchange for future considerations, the Mallards announced today.
Nelson, a 21-year old rookie, had not yet played for the Rush this season. Last year the Rogers, Minnesota, native scored 23 goals and totaled 31 points in 59 games with the Western Hockey League's Victoria Royals.
"Looking at our roster and at how we played over the weekend, we have a lot of pretty good young players up front but we also have room to improve," said Mallards coach and general manager Terry Ruskowski. "Logan has good size and skates well. He put up good numbers in major junior and that's impressive in a league that sends a lot of players straight to the AHL and the NHL, so he's a good candidate to be a strong player for us."
The 6' 1", 186-pound Nelson produced a 60 goals and 68 assists for 128 points in 179 games over his three seasons with Victoria. He spent the 2010-11 season with the United States Hockey League's Des Moines Buccaneers before heading north of the border.
The Mallards meet the Rush tomorrow night in Rapid City. The Mallards next play at home Friday evening - Halloween night- at 7:05 against the Cincinnati Cyclones. Kids 12 and under wearing Halloween costumes to next Friday's tilt will receive free tickets to that game. Next Friday is also another $1 Dog/$1 Beer Night presented by 97X and MetroLINK. $1 hot dogs and beer are available at iWireless Center concession stands during all Mallards Friday night home games.
Single game tickets for all remaining Mallards regular season home games- including Friday's- are on sale now at the iWireless Center box office, Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000 . The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and game days from 10:00 a.m. until the start of the second period. Tickets are available for $10, $16, $20 and $28.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2014
- Radio Recon Will Take the Fifty Lashes with a Wet Eagle Feather - Reading Royals
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Reign to Wear Desert Camouflage on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Deal for Nelson - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Aqcuire Defenseman Alex Lepkowski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fanfest Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Make Roster Moves on Monday - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Loaned to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Deal Lekowski to Missouri - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Home Friday for Halloween, First Saturday Home Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 27 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Southorn Comes South to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Missouri Mavericks Weekly Report - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets off to hot start - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Darling Becomes First Thunder Player to Reach NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Streak to 10-Point Start, Wings Invade for Halloween Friday and Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- IceMen Trade Defensemen Antoine Corbin - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers and Solar Bears Announce Game Date Change - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears vs. Tulsa Game Date Moved to Saturday, January 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Weekly: over 5,000 Fans Celebrate Stingrays Opening Night; Halloween and Turn Back the Clo - South Carolina Stingrays
- Scott Darling Makes NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings