Grasso's Hat Trick Lifts Thunder Over Railers, 4-1
GLENS FALLS - Patrick Grasso recorded a hat trick as the Adirondack Thunder took down the Worcester Railers in front of 3,942 at Cool Insuring Arena on Friday night. With the victory, the Thunder trail the Railers by five points for the final playoff spot in the standings.
Patrick Grasso gave the Thunder a 1-0 lead 12:01 into the game with his 28th of the year. Shane Harper set up Grasso at the top of the circles and he blasted in a slap shot by goaltender Henrik Tikkanen. Harper and Sebastian Vidmar were credited with the assists and the Thunder took the one-goal lead into the second period.
After no scoring in the second, Brent Beaudoin tied the game with his 19th of the year. Assists were given to Nolan Vesey and Myles McGurty at 4:12 to even the game, 1-1.
Just 38 seconds later, Grant Jozefek scored the eventual game-winning goal and his 17th of the year with helpers from Brady Fleurent and Travis Broughman. Jozefek's goal came at 4:50 of the final period.
Patrick Grasso added two more goals, including an empty-net goal, for the hat trick and the 4-1 victory. Grasso put in his 28th, 29th, and 30th goals of the season. Jake Theut stopped 24 of 25 in the win.
The Thunder continue Stick it to Cancer Weekend presented by Glens Falls Hospital to benefit C.R. Wood Cancer Center tomorrow against Worcester. The first 1,000 fans tonight get a free tee shirt and specialty jerseys will be auctioned off following the game! Get your tickets by visiting the Thunder front office or by calling 518-480-3355.
For more information on ticket packages, call the front office at 518-480-3355 or visit www.ECHLThunder.com/tickets. For all the latest Adirondack Thunder news, follow the team on all social media @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 24, 2023
- Americans Fall to Idaho 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Wichita Loses Friday Night in OT to Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Charge Back, Beat Fort Wayne in a Shootout, 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Iowa Comes from Behind to Win OT Thriller, 3-2 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Fuel Fall to Swamp Rabbits on Friday Night - Indy Fuel
- Topatigh Gets Two Assists, Glads Fall to Mariners - Atlanta Gladiators
- Late Goal Lifts Mavericks Over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Pick up 50th Win Increasing Their Win Streak to Eight Games in 3-1 Win at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Railers Fall in Glens Falls - Worcester Railers HC
- K-Wings Down Nailers Behind Cajan's Strong Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Shut Out Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Amazing Win Streak Ends at 18 After Loss to Reading - Toledo Walleye
- Hall of Fame Night Sees Legendary Goaltending Performance - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Blank Everblades 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Rally for Improbable OT Win - Maine Mariners
- Hrenak and Swamp Rabbits Blank Fuel to Move into First Place in South Division - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grasso's Hat Trick Lifts Thunder Over Railers, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 24 - ECHL
- Thunder Continues Series Tonight in Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Kansas City Mavericks Sign Forward Vincent de Mey - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kansas City Mavericks Extend Contract of General Manager and Head Coach Tad O'Had - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stevenson and Maass Re-Assigned from Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Military Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Gameday Report: Swamp Rabbits vs Fuel (7:00pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Open Road-Trip with Friday Face-Off in Toledo - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.