Late Goal Lifts Mavericks Over Oilers
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks and the AHL's San Diego Gulls, lost 3-2 to Kansas City at Cable Dahmer Arena on Friday night.
Former Oiler Theo Calvas opened the scoring 5:49 into the action, whizzing a left-circle snapper past Riley Morris, setting the Mavericks up 1-0. Black McLaughlin responded with 5:31 remaining in the frame, tipping a shot from Michael Farren which leveled the game 1-1 heading into the first intermission.
Tommy Muck opened the scoring 55 seconds into the second period, wiring a chance on the power play to set Kansas City up by one. Justin Bean answered with a power-play goal of his own, ripping a shot through traffic to tie the game 2-2 4:36 into the second period.
Cole Coskey scored the game-winning goal on a quasi-breakaway snapshot with 4:14 remaining, closing the score line 3-2 and securing both points for the Mavericks.
Morris stopped 28 of 31 shots while Shane Starrett halted 23 of 25.
The Oilers remain on the road in Independence, Missouri, tomorrow, March 24 at Cable Dahmer Arena at 7:05 p.m. CT before traveling back to Tulsa for the first-ever Pucks & Paws game at the BOK Center on 4:05 p.m. to host the Mavericks.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 24, 2023
- Americans Fall to Idaho 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Wichita Loses Friday Night in OT to Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Charge Back, Beat Fort Wayne in a Shootout, 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Iowa Comes from Behind to Win OT Thriller, 3-2 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Fuel Fall to Swamp Rabbits on Friday Night - Indy Fuel
- Topatigh Gets Two Assists, Glads Fall to Mariners - Atlanta Gladiators
- Late Goal Lifts Mavericks Over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Pick up 50th Win Increasing Their Win Streak to Eight Games in 3-1 Win at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Railers Fall in Glens Falls - Worcester Railers HC
- K-Wings Down Nailers Behind Cajan's Strong Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Shut Out Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Amazing Win Streak Ends at 18 After Loss to Reading - Toledo Walleye
- Hall of Fame Night Sees Legendary Goaltending Performance - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Blank Everblades 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Rally for Improbable OT Win - Maine Mariners
- Hrenak and Swamp Rabbits Blank Fuel to Move into First Place in South Division - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grasso's Hat Trick Lifts Thunder Over Railers, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 24 - ECHL
- Thunder Continues Series Tonight in Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Kansas City Mavericks Sign Forward Vincent de Mey - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kansas City Mavericks Extend Contract of General Manager and Head Coach Tad O'Had - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stevenson and Maass Re-Assigned from Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Military Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Gameday Report: Swamp Rabbits vs Fuel (7:00pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Open Road-Trip with Friday Face-Off in Toledo - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.