Kansas City Mavericks Extend Contract of General Manager and Head Coach Tad O'Had
INDEPENDENCE, MO. - The Kansas City Mavericks announced today a two-year contract extension for General Manager and Head Coach Tad O'Had.
"This is a well-earned extension for Tad," said Mavericks Owner Lamar Hunt Jr. "As both the general manager and head coach, Tad has earned respect throughout all levels of hockey, especially within our NHL and AHL affiliations. Tad has been instrumental in changing our culture on and off the ice by bringing in players to help the Mavericks compete for a championship while also making sure Mavericks players are strong members of the community."
The Mavericks currently sit at 27-25-6-2 with 62 points and in a tie for third place in the Mountain Division.
"I'm very honored and excited to be able to continue my relationship with this outstanding organization," said O'Had. "I want to thank the Hunt family for their support over the last three years. I'm grateful for our players, staff and the great Mavericks fanbase and I can't wait to continue to work to bring a championship to Kansas City."
"The strides that the team has made this season have been remarkable," Mavericks President Mike Cukyne said. "We are looking forward to continuing and growing the success and we know that Tad is the right man for that job."
Kansas City has three big games this weekend against the Tulsa Oilers. Friday and Saturday will be played in front of big crowds at Cable Dahmer Arena before both teams hit the road to play a Sunday matinee in Tulsa.
Great tickets are still available to all Mavericks home games, visit kcmavericks.com or call 816-252-7825 to make sure you don't miss a minute of the action.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 24, 2023
- Americans Fall to Idaho 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Wichita Loses Friday Night in OT to Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Charge Back, Beat Fort Wayne in a Shootout, 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Iowa Comes from Behind to Win OT Thriller, 3-2 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Fuel Fall to Swamp Rabbits on Friday Night - Indy Fuel
- Topatigh Gets Two Assists, Glads Fall to Mariners - Atlanta Gladiators
- Late Goal Lifts Mavericks Over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Pick up 50th Win Increasing Their Win Streak to Eight Games in 3-1 Win at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Railers Fall in Glens Falls - Worcester Railers HC
- K-Wings Down Nailers Behind Cajan's Strong Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Shut Out Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Amazing Win Streak Ends at 18 After Loss to Reading - Toledo Walleye
- Hall of Fame Night Sees Legendary Goaltending Performance - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Blank Everblades 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Rally for Improbable OT Win - Maine Mariners
- Hrenak and Swamp Rabbits Blank Fuel to Move into First Place in South Division - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grasso's Hat Trick Lifts Thunder Over Railers, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 24 - ECHL
- Thunder Continues Series Tonight in Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Kansas City Mavericks Sign Forward Vincent de Mey - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kansas City Mavericks Extend Contract of General Manager and Head Coach Tad O'Had - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stevenson and Maass Re-Assigned from Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Military Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Gameday Report: Swamp Rabbits vs Fuel (7:00pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Open Road-Trip with Friday Face-Off in Toledo - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Star Wars Night Tonight at Cable Dahmer Arena
- Max Andreev's Hat Trick Leads Mavericks to a Thrilling 7-5 Victory Over Idaho
- Top Two Teams in the Western Conference Square off Tonight at Cable Dahmer Arena
- Max Andreev Named November's ECHL Rookie of the Month
- Mavericks Acquire Forward David Cotton from the Everblades