Steelheads Pick up 50th Win Increasing Their Win Streak to Eight Games in 3-1 Win at Allen
March 24, 2023 - ECHL (ECHL) - Idaho Steelheads News Release
ALLEN, TX - The Idaho Steelheads (50-9-1-2, 103pts) picked up their eighth straight victory defeating the Allen Americans (30-29-1-1, 62pts) by a final score of 3-1 Friday night at the Credit Union of Texas Event Center in front of 2,887 fans. Idaho will close out their season series against Allen tomorrow night at 6:05 p.m. (MT).
Idaho led 1-0 after the first period as Wade Murphy (17th) found the back of the net on a beautiful passing play involving Owen Headrick, Ryan Dmowski, and Justin Ducharme. Shots were 8-7 Steelheads in the opening 20 minutes.
The ECHL's leading goal scorer Hank Crone (41st) tied the game at one at the 11:09 mark of the second period going upstairs on Adam Scheel from below the right circle. Just 12 seconds later Wade Murphy behind the net fed Ty Pelton-Byce (15th) in the high slot where he ripped the puck over the glove of Luke Peressini giving Idaho back the lead. Then 4:21 later Justin Misiak (14th) squeezed the puck through the wickets of Peressini making it 3-1 where the Steelheads took that lead into the dressing room after 40 minutes of play. Shots were 22-8 in the period.
It was a scoreless third period where the Steelheads outshot the Americans 11-6.
Adam Scheel picked up his seventh straight win making 20 saves on 21 shots while Luke Peressini made 38 saves on 41 shots in the loss.
ICCU THREE STARS
1) Ty Pelton-Byce (1-1-2, +1, 2 shots)
2) Ryan Dmowski (0-2-2, +3, 1 shot)
3) Hank Crone (1-0-1, 5 shots)
- Idaho finished 0-for-4 on the power-play while Allen was 0-for-3.
- Idaho outshot Allen 41-21.
- Idaho is 27-16-5 all-time vs. Allen and 10-10-2 in Allen, TX at the Credit Union of Texas Event Center.
- Nick Canade (DNP), Matt Register (INJ), Jack Becker (INJ), Colton Kehler (IR), and Janis Svanenbergs (IR) did not dress for Idaho.
- The Steelheads have scored 35 goals in their last seven games scoring five or more goals in five of their last seven.
- Idaho has won eight straight games, their second longest of the year.
- Idaho is two wins shy of setting a franchise record for most wins on the road in a single season.
- Idaho is three wins shy of the most ever in franchise history in a single season.
- Idaho (103) has tied their highest standings point total in a single season, 2009-10 (103).
- With 10 games remaining Idaho needs seven wins to set the league record for most wins in a season.
- With 20 available points Idaho needs 14 points to set the most points in a single season in league history.
- Ty-Pelton Byce, Justin Misiak, and Wade Murphy all scored for their second straight game.
- Ty Pelton-Byce (1-1-2), Wade Muprhy (1-1-2), and Ryan Dmowski (0-2-2) all notched multi-point games.
- Owen Headrick and Justin Ducharme each tallied an assist.
- Justin Ducharme, Wade Murphy, and Willie Knierim led the way with five shots each.
Stay up to date with all things Steelheads on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Watch all Steelheads home games on FloHockey and Sparklight Channel 72 and listen on the Steelheads flagship station, 95.3 FM KTIK "The Ticket".
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 24, 2023
- Americans Fall to Idaho 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Wichita Loses Friday Night in OT to Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Charge Back, Beat Fort Wayne in a Shootout, 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Iowa Comes from Behind to Win OT Thriller, 3-2 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Fuel Fall to Swamp Rabbits on Friday Night - Indy Fuel
- Topatigh Gets Two Assists, Glads Fall to Mariners - Atlanta Gladiators
- Late Goal Lifts Mavericks Over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Pick up 50th Win Increasing Their Win Streak to Eight Games in 3-1 Win at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Railers Fall in Glens Falls - Worcester Railers HC
- K-Wings Down Nailers Behind Cajan's Strong Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Shut Out Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Amazing Win Streak Ends at 18 After Loss to Reading - Toledo Walleye
- Hall of Fame Night Sees Legendary Goaltending Performance - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Blank Everblades 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Rally for Improbable OT Win - Maine Mariners
- Hrenak and Swamp Rabbits Blank Fuel to Move into First Place in South Division - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grasso's Hat Trick Lifts Thunder Over Railers, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 24 - ECHL
- Thunder Continues Series Tonight in Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Kansas City Mavericks Sign Forward Vincent de Mey - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kansas City Mavericks Extend Contract of General Manager and Head Coach Tad O'Had - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stevenson and Maass Re-Assigned from Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Military Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Gameday Report: Swamp Rabbits vs Fuel (7:00pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Open Road-Trip with Friday Face-Off in Toledo - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Shut Out 1-0 in Game Three, Trail Series Three Games to None
- Steelheads' Late Push Comes Up Short As Florida Leads Series Two Games To None
- Steelheads Fall in Overtime 3-2 in Game One of Kelly Cup Finals
- 2023 ECHL Kelly Cup Finals Preview - Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Idaho Steelheads Kelly Cup Finals Games One and Two Tickets on Sale Now