Graovac, Quine Find Twine in Loss at Bakersfield
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Tyler Graovac and Alan Quine each claimed a goal and an assist but a hat trick from Bakersfield's Josh Currie pushed the Condors past the Heat by a 4-2 final Wednesday night at Rabobank Arena. The difference in the game came on special teams, with the Condors going 3-for-7 on the night on the man-advantage, two of the scores coming from Currie, and Stockton going 1-for-4. The Condors also were able to capitalize on well-timed goals, seizing one-goal leads into the first and second intermissions thanks to goals in the final two minutes of each frame. The Heat will look to rebound on Friday as they get a rematch with Bakersfield at Rabobank Arena.
W: Shane Starrett (18 shots, 16 saves)
L: Jon Gillies (30 shots, 26 saves)
Three Stars: First - Josh Currie (3g), Second - Tyler Benson (3a), Third - Cooper Marody (3a)
Final Shots: STK - 18, BAK - 30
Power Plays: STK - 1-4, BAK - 3-7
- The game was Spencer Foo's 100th in the AHL.
- Marcus Hogstrom made his AHL debut in the game, an offseason signing that had been dealing with an injury.
- Tyler Graovac scored the Heat's first goal of the game just 20 seconds after falling behind 1-0. It was his 14th goal of the season, assisted by Alan Quine and Andrew Nielsen.
- Quine and Graovac connected once again for the Heat's second goal of the game, this time Quine finding twine to tie the game at two.
- The game was Quine's ninth multi-point game of the season, Graovac's sixth.
- Stockton finished the night with just 18 shots on goal, the club's lowest total of the year. The previous low was 19, set at San Jose on November 5.
- Stockton is now 1-4-1-0 on the year against the Condors.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE table.MsoNormalTable
The Heat close out their brief series at Bakersfield Friday before returning to Stockton Arena on Saturday for the Teddy Bear Toss game against the Texas Stars.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2019
- Flyers Acquire Right Wing Justin Bailey from Buffalo - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sabres Acquire Forward Leier - Rochester Americans
- Registration for 10th Annual Bowl-A-Thon Opens Friday, January 18 - Rockford IceHogs
- Hogberg Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Texas Stars Return Brad McClure to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Iacopelli Recalled to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Recall Nedeljkovic from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Florida Panthers Recall D Josh Brown from Springfield Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Country Star Brett Young to Perform Post-Game January 25 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jost, Graves Assigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Sens Announce Fan Fest Details - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers to Host Star Wars Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Special Appearances Highlight Phantoms Racing Night on Friday January 25th - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Canucks Recall Tanner Kero from Comets - Utica Comets
- Moose Sign Forward Chris Collins - Manitoba Moose
- D Frank Hora Recalled from Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anthony Stolarz Loaned to Phantoms for Conditioning Purposes - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gulls Extend Point Streak to 15 with 2-1 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Derek Grant from Pittsburgh in Exchange for Joseph Blandisi - San Diego Gulls
- Stars Unable to Erase Early Gulls Lead - Texas Stars
- Griffins Tied for Second After 5-2 Loss to Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Michael Del Zotto from Vancouver for Luke Schenn and a 2019 Seventh-Round Draft Pick - San Diego Gulls
- Currie Records Hat Trick in Condors 4-2 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Special Teams Fuel Rocket's 4-2 Victory over Senators - Laval Rocket
- Moose Take Down Milwaukee with Four Straight Goals - Manitoba Moose
- Graovac, Quine Find Twine in Loss at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Lyon and Leier Lead Phantoms Past Springfield - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Claim First-Place Showdown - Chicago Wolves
- 'The Nasty Boys' to be Special Guests for Roadrunners Wrestling Night on January 25 - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.