Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals
VENUE: Jewett Orthopaedic Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Sunday, Feb. 23 at 3 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Facebook, Mixlr and TuneIn
Faith & Family Night presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson
Fairwinds Solar Bears Sunday - the first 100 Fairwinds members who present their Fairwinds debit/credit card and photo ID at the Amway Center box office will receive a free pair of tickets to the game. Fairwinds members can also take advantage of a buy-one-get-one ticket offer. Visit fairwinds.org/solarbears for more information.
Purchase tickets for Sunday, Feb. 23 vs. Norfolk Admirals
TODAY: The Orlando Solar Bears (24-24-5-1) return from a three-game road trip to host the Norfolk Admirals (13-33-6-0) in the seventh of eight meetings this season. Orlando has split the series with the Admirals with a 3-3-0-0 record, although the Admirals still maintain an edge with an overtime loss point earned on Feb. 15.
HOME COOKING: The Solar Bears will look to maintain their three-game home win streak established last week that included two wins over the Admirals. The Solar Bears' season-high unbeaten streak is six games (5-0-1-0) from Dec. 2-26.
IN THE HOME STRETCH: With 18 games remaining on the schedule including today's match, the Solar Bears are now in the final quarter of the 2019-20 regular season. Orlando went 10-6-1-1 in the final quarter of the 2018-19 campaign to secure a third consecutive trip to the postseason.
WINDSOR TO START THIS AFTERNOON: Clint Windsor is expected to start this afternoon after Mike Condon took the decision on Saturday night at Jacksonville. In last week's series against Norfolk, the goaltender went 2-0-0 in 85 minutes of action with 48 saves on 50 total shots against. Windsor is also coming off a career-high 44-save performance in Friday's 3-2 loss at Atlanta.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: The Admirals were very active with a pre-trade deadline deal earlier this week, trading team captain Ben Holmstrom and defenseman Johnny Coughlin to the Cincinnati Cyclones for Darik Angeli, Freddy Gerard and Scott Dornbrock. Since falling to Orlando in a pair of games last week, Norfolk picked up a 5-1 road win at Florida on Saturday night.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears head out on the road to face the Atlanta Gladiators at Infinite Energy Arena on Friday, Feb. 28 at 7:35 p.m. The Solar Bears return home to host the Newfoundland Growlers on Saturday, Feb. 29 for Hockey Fights Cancer Night, presented by XYMOPrint. Prior to the game, the Solar Bears will also host their inaugural Food Festival.
Purchase ticket package for Solar Bears Food Festival and game vs. Newfoundland Growlers on Saturday, Feb. 29
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 23, 2020
- Grizzlies Fall 2-1 in Shootout - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavs Ride Another Clutch Goaltending Performance to 2-1 Shootout Win at Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Beast Drop Narrow Decision on Sunday - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears Thump Admirals 5-1 in Return Home - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Beat Tulsa in Overtime - Allen Americans
- Clutch Koper: 'Blades Strike in Final Minute to Earn 5-4 Win - Florida Everblades
- Rays Extend Win Streak to 7 Games, Clinch Playoff Spot - South Carolina Stingrays
- Clutch Third Period Lifts Nailers in Brampton - Wheeling Nailers
- Koper's Late Goal Spoils Hard Fought Effort by IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- Jeremy Helvig Called up by Charlotte Checkers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- DiChiara Ties It in Third, Thunder Score Next Three for 5-2 Win - Reading Royals
- Thunder Heroic on Batman Day with 5-2 Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits' Lead Erased in OT Loss to Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Sting Railers Late in 6-5 Overtime Loss - Worcester Railers HC
- Taylor's Goal Not Enough to Spark Comeback as Growlers Top Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Glads Down Greenville 4-3 in Thrilling OT Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Growlers Sink the Mariners 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mavs Sign D-Man Roshen Jaswal to ATO - Kansas City Mavericks
- McGauley & Wagner Returns to Utah for Today's Game - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - February 23 - ECHL
- Rockford Recalls Defenseman Jack Ramsey - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Game Preview: Everblades at IceMen, February 23, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Royals, Adirondack Meet Sunday Afternoon in Glens Falls - Reading Royals
- Dan DeSalvo Loaned to Chicago Wolves - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gage Quinney Becomes 65th Former Nailer to Reach NHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Steelheads Strike Early, Take Both Games against Rush - Rapid City Rush
- 8,327 Attend Grizzlies Fight Cancer Weekend Game at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Swamp Rabbits Dominate Railers in Front of 5,846 Fans - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Steelheads Early Scoring, Physical Play Downs Rush in 3-1 Win - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- PHPA and ECHL Announce COVID-19 Relief Fund for ECHL Players
- Clint Windsor Signed by Syracuse Crunch
- Orlando Solar Bears Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 ECHL Season
- Orlando Solar Bears Statement on ECHL Suspending Season
- LeBlanc Lifts Solar Bears to 3-1 Win over Stingrays