Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Adam Scheel to Taxi Squad
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has reassigned goaltender Adam Scheel from the Texas Stars, Dallas' top development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL), to the Taxi Squad.
Scheel, 22, has earned a 2-2-3 record with a .886 save percentage and a 3.57 goals against average in nine AHL games played with Texas in 2021-22. The goaltender has also appeared in six ECHL contests with the Idaho Steelheads, logging a 3-3-0 record with a .917 SV% and a 2.37 GAA. He owns a career 6-9-4 record with a 3.26 GAA and a .903 SV% in 21 career appearances in the AHL, all with Texas.
Additionally, Scheel notched a 52-18-5 record with a 1.95 GAA and a .916 SV% in 78 career NCAA appearances over three seasons with the University of North Dakota from 2018-19 to 2020-21. His career 1.95 GAA ranks first in school history, while his .916 SV% is good for sixth.
The 6-foot-4, 190-pound native of Lakewood, Ohio was originally undrafted and signed as a free agent on April 1, 2021.
Images from this story
TexasStars goaltender Adam Scheel
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2022
- Iowa Drops Saturday Night Contest in Chicago, 6-2 - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Fall to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Start New Streak - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Extend Point Streak to Six Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Islanders Topple Checkers, 5-1 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Shepard, Bears Shut-Out Penguins, 3-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Shepard Sensational, Bears Blank Penguins 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Knock off AHL Leading Comets 2-1 in Utica - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Use Late Heroics to Topple Griffins in Overtime - Cleveland Monsters
- T-Birds Fall to Sens Under Controversial Circumstances - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Bitten by IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Suffer Rare Home Loss to Wolf Pack, Lose 2-1 - Utica Comets
- Checkers' Return Spoiled with 5-1 Loss to Islanders - Charlotte Checkers
- Canucks Sign Forward and Defenceman to PTO's - Abbotsford Canucks
- Moose Recall Defenceman Dean Stewart - Manitoba Moose
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Five - San Diego Gulls
- Rangers Recall Lauri Pajuniemi, Anthony Greco to Taxi Squad - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Iowa Wild Community Rink Program Expands to Altoona, Newton - Iowa Wild
- Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Adam Scheel to Taxi Squad - Texas Stars
- Checkers Sign Nick Albano and Blake Siebenaler to PTOs - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolf Pack Set to Clash with First Place Comets - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Millman and Ustimenko Reassigned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #24: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Host Checkers in Two Games this Weekend - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Look to Continue High-Scoring Attack against Admirals Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Preview: January 8 at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Abby Earns Point But Falls to Condors in OT 4-3 - Abbotsford Canucks
- Dostal, Gulls Break through against Stockton - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Outdone by Knights 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Heat Fall Friday in San Diego, 4-1 - Stockton Heat
- Henderson Dominates against San Jose in 5-1 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
- Cormier, Moose Stop Stars - Manitoba Moose
- Stars Out-Chance Moose, But Fall Short in First Game Back from Break - Texas Stars
- Richard Lifts Ads to Overtime Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ruotsalainen Carries Amerks to 5-2 Win over Wolf Pack - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.