Checkers Sign Nick Albano and Blake Siebenaler to PTOs
Prior to their road contests in Bridgeport this weekend, the Checkers have added defensemen Blake Siebenaler and Nick Albano on professional tryout contracts.
Siebenaler, 25, is a six-year pro who has posted 16 points (8g, 8a) in 94 career AHL games with Cleveland, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Henderson, Belleville and Ontario. A third-round pick by Columbus in 2014, Siebenaler has also logged 113 games in the ECHL - picking up 52 points (17g, 35a) along the way. Prior to turning pro, the Indiana native notched 96 points (25g, 71a) in 199 OHL games over three seasons with the Niagara Ice Dogs.
Charlotte would be the fifth team that Siebenaler has suited up for this season, as he has previously made AHL stops with Henderson, Belleville and Ontario. With the ECHL's Fort Wayne Komets, Siebenaler has put up eight points (3g, 5a) in nine games thus far.
Albano, 25, is in his first pro season - splitting the campaign between the ECHL's Worcester Railers (3g, 3a in eight games) and the AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds (0g, 3a in 13 games). Prior to that Albano spent three seasons at UMass-Boston, where he put up 85 points (21g, 64a) in 79 games.
The Checkers make their return to action to the first time in 2022 tonight when they take on the Islanders in Bridgeport at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2022
- Iowa Drops Saturday Night Contest in Chicago, 6-2 - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Fall to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Start New Streak - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Extend Point Streak to Six Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Islanders Topple Checkers, 5-1 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Shepard, Bears Shut-Out Penguins, 3-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Shepard Sensational, Bears Blank Penguins 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Knock off AHL Leading Comets 2-1 in Utica - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Use Late Heroics to Topple Griffins in Overtime - Cleveland Monsters
- T-Birds Fall to Sens Under Controversial Circumstances - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Bitten by IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Suffer Rare Home Loss to Wolf Pack, Lose 2-1 - Utica Comets
- Checkers' Return Spoiled with 5-1 Loss to Islanders - Charlotte Checkers
- Canucks Sign Forward and Defenceman to PTO's - Abbotsford Canucks
- Moose Recall Defenceman Dean Stewart - Manitoba Moose
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Five - San Diego Gulls
- Rangers Recall Lauri Pajuniemi, Anthony Greco to Taxi Squad - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Iowa Wild Community Rink Program Expands to Altoona, Newton - Iowa Wild
- Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Adam Scheel to Taxi Squad - Texas Stars
- Checkers Sign Nick Albano and Blake Siebenaler to PTOs - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolf Pack Set to Clash with First Place Comets - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Millman and Ustimenko Reassigned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #24: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Host Checkers in Two Games this Weekend - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Look to Continue High-Scoring Attack against Admirals Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Preview: January 8 at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Abby Earns Point But Falls to Condors in OT 4-3 - Abbotsford Canucks
- Dostal, Gulls Break through against Stockton - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Outdone by Knights 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Heat Fall Friday in San Diego, 4-1 - Stockton Heat
- Henderson Dominates against San Jose in 5-1 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
- Cormier, Moose Stop Stars - Manitoba Moose
- Stars Out-Chance Moose, But Fall Short in First Game Back from Break - Texas Stars
- Richard Lifts Ads to Overtime Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ruotsalainen Carries Amerks to 5-2 Win over Wolf Pack - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.