Cincinnati Suffers First Home Loss in Weekend Opener
Cincinnati, OH- TheCincinnati Cyclones (5-3-1-0) fell to the Brampton Beast, 3-0, on Friday night. The loss marks the first home defeat of the campaign.
After the Beast skated to a 1-0 lead after the first on a late-period goal from forward David Vallorani , the Cyclones turned up the offensive pressure in the middle frame, outshooting Brampton, 10-0, through the first 11 minutes of the period. Beast goaltender Joey Daccord and Cyclones netminder Sean Romeo both made a number of big saves to keep it a 1-0 game in favor of Brampton through 40 minutes.
Cincinnati appeared to tie the game around the midway point of the frame when forward Darik Angeli threw in a shot following a scramble in front, however the goal was disallowed due to goaltender interference.
In the third Brampton's power play found its stride, and just 1:33 in with a 5-on-3 advantage, defenseman TJ Melancon lit the lamp to give the Beast a 2-0 lead. Thirty-eight seconds later while on a 5-on-4 opportunity, Brampton struck again when forward Jackson Leef scored to push Brampton's advantage to 3-0.
Cincinnati kept pressuring throughout the remainder of the period, outshooting the Beast 9-2 in the frame, however they could not overcome the deficit, and ultimately fell, 3-0. Cincinnati outshot Brampton 23-19, with Romeo steering aside 16 in the loss. The Cyclones continue their three-game weekend on Saturday night in Indianapolis against the Indy Fuel. Face-off is scheduled for 6:05pm ET.
The 2019-20 Cincinnati Cyclones season is upon us! The defending Brabham Cup champion Cyclones are looking to build off of last season's success, and we invite YOU to join us for the ride! Single game tickets, along with season and group ticket packages for every game this season are on sale now, and you can get more info by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com !
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 8, 2019
- Mavericks Defeat Grizzlies 5-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Crane, Gillam Push Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Take out Grizzlies in Dominant 5-1 Win Friday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Comeback Win-Iecki: Everblades Outlast Solar Bears in Overtime - Florida Everblades
- Adirondack Comes Back to Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Worcester - Adirondack Thunder
- Cincinnati Suffers First Home Loss in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Indy Knocks off Division Leaders Toledo Walleye - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays' Stifling Defense Stymies Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Hand K-Wings First Home Loss in Regulation - Kalamazoo Wings
- Milner Shines Again with Second Straight Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Railers Win in a Thriller with 5-4 Shootout Victory over Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals 4-Game Winning Streak Snapped at Nailers, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Nailers Continue Home Success in 4-1 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Take Down the Gladiators 5-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Arizona Assigns Prosvetov, Madsen and Killins Recalled to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 8 - ECHL
- Mavericks Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Friday's Game vs. Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Long Promotions Set - Norfolk Admirals
- Grizz Add Ty Lewis to Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: Florida Faces Orlando, Pursues Fourth Straight Home Win - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Brampton Beast - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Artem Ivanyuzhenkov Recalled from Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies at Mavericks Friday Night Showdown - Utah Grizzlies
- Swamp Rabbits Team up with Make a Wish SC Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Ellie Labree Wins Wish Kids Design Jersey Contest - Maine Mariners
- Royals Seek 5th Straight, Start Back-To-Back with Nailers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: November 8 vs. Atlanta Gladiators - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.