Mavericks Defeat Grizzlies 5-1
Independence, Missouri - Ty Lewis scored a goal in his 2019-20 Utah Grizzlies debut in a 5-1 loss to the Kansas City Mavericks as forwards Jack Walker and Rocco Carzo each had 2 goals and 1 assists.
Walker scored 31 seconds into the game to give the Mavericks a 1-0 lead. KC extended the lead 13:44 into the first as Mavericks captain Rocco Carzo scored his first of 2 goals on the night.
Mavericks got second period goals from Walker, Mitch Hults to make it 4-0 5:53 into the second. Lewis scored for the Grizzlies as Ryan Wagner got the assist. Lewis had 5 goals and 8 assists in 7 games for the Grizzlies at the end of last season. Lewis also had 3 assists in 5 Kelly Cup Playoff games. Carzo scored on the power play with 12 seconds left in the second to complete the scoring.
Next game for the Grizzlies is on Saturday night in game 2 of the weekend series at Kansas City. Next home game is on November 22nd vs Orlando. Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
3 stars of the game
1. Jack Walker (KC) - 2 goals, 1 assist. +4
2. Rocco Carzo (KC) - 2 goals, 1 assist. +2
3. Zach Osburn (KC) 3 assists. +3.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 8, 2019
- Mavericks Defeat Grizzlies 5-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Crane, Gillam Push Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Take out Grizzlies in Dominant 5-1 Win Friday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Comeback Win-Iecki: Everblades Outlast Solar Bears in Overtime - Florida Everblades
- Adirondack Comes Back to Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Worcester - Adirondack Thunder
- Cincinnati Suffers First Home Loss in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Indy Knocks off Division Leaders Toledo Walleye - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays' Stifling Defense Stymies Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Hand K-Wings First Home Loss in Regulation - Kalamazoo Wings
- Milner Shines Again with Second Straight Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Railers Win in a Thriller with 5-4 Shootout Victory over Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals 4-Game Winning Streak Snapped at Nailers, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Nailers Continue Home Success in 4-1 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Take Down the Gladiators 5-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Arizona Assigns Prosvetov, Madsen and Killins Recalled to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 8 - ECHL
- Mavericks Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Friday's Game vs. Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Long Promotions Set - Norfolk Admirals
- Grizz Add Ty Lewis to Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: Florida Faces Orlando, Pursues Fourth Straight Home Win - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Brampton Beast - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Artem Ivanyuzhenkov Recalled from Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies at Mavericks Friday Night Showdown - Utah Grizzlies
- Swamp Rabbits Team up with Make a Wish SC Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Ellie Labree Wins Wish Kids Design Jersey Contest - Maine Mariners
- Royals Seek 5th Straight, Start Back-To-Back with Nailers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: November 8 vs. Atlanta Gladiators - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.