Busdeker and Mitchell Light the Goal Lamp on Hockey Fights Cancer Night at the BMO
Rockford, IL - Forward D.J. Busdeker and defenseman Ian Mitchell recorded their first goals of the season, but the Rockford IceHogs (5-7-1-0) fell to the Milwaukee Admirals (5-10-1-0) 5-2 on Hockey Fights Cancer Night supporting the SwedishAmerican Foundation at BMO Harris Bank Center Friday night.
The Admirals jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead halfway through the opening period off the sticks of Matt Tennyson and Mike McCarron. Tennyson spun in his second goal of the season 1:41 into the game past the pads of IceHogs goalie Arivd Soderblom (L, 21 saves on 25 shots) off the right-wing circle. Moments later, McCarron caught a centering pass off the right post of Soderblom from Anthony Richard for his first goal of the campaign at 9:34.
Late in the first period, the IceHogs responded as Busdeker deflected in his first goal of the season past the glove of Admirals netminder Connor Ingram (W, 19 saves on 21 shots) at 16:49. Defenseman Alec Regula and forward Andrei Altybarmakian added assists.
Admirals forward Matt Luff reclaimed the momentum on the power play late in the second period, firing a loose puck through traffic for his fifth goal of the season at 15:23.
In the final frame, the Admirals piled on two more marks from Rocco Grimaldi (13:48) and Mathieu Olivier (empty net at 16:36) to take a commanding lead. Mitchell capped the evening with his first marker of the season, blasting a shot past Ingram from the left-wing faceoff circle at 17:46.
The IceHogs received multiple chances on the power play, including a 5-on-3 attack for just over half a minute in the second period, but went 0-for-5 in the contest. The Admirals went 1-for-2.
The Rockford IceHogs continue a three-game in three-day weekend tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 27 against the Chicago Wolves at 7 p.m. at Allstate Arena and return to BMO Harris Bank Center on Sunday, Nov. 28 to host the Admirals at 4 p.m. Buy Tickets
Watch and listen to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank! Tune in from your favorite device, at home or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app! Fans can also watch every IceHogs home game and select road games this season on 23.3 Circle TV and every game on AHLTV and listen in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2021
- Game Recap: Amerks Cruise to 7-3 Win over Bears - Rochester Americans
- Tucson Roadrunners Win 4-1 against Abby Canucks - Abbotsford Canucks
- Pelletier, Penalty Kill Push Heat Past Eagles - Stockton Heat
- Busdeker and Mitchell Light the Goal Lamp on Hockey Fights Cancer Night at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Rally Past Griffins in Third - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bruins Get by Islanders 3-2 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Series Preview vs. Iowa: November 27 & 28 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Providence Bruins Score Three in Second Period, Beat Bridgeport Islanders, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Down Bears 7-3 on Black Friday - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Use Dominant Second Period to Knock off Thunderbirds 5-3 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Win Fourth Straight in 5-1 Victory over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Defeat Phantoms, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Willman Returns with Another Goal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds' Win Streak Snapped in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Massive Rally Lifts Wolves to Victory - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Assign Jenik to Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gabriel Dumont Named Syracuse Crunch Captain - Syracuse Crunch
- 5 Things: Heat at Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Griffins Host Country Night & Sixth Annual Red Kettle Game - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Reign Weekend Games Postponed - Ontario Reign
- American Hockey League Postpones Ontario Reign Games this Weekend - AHL
- Abbotsford Canucks Announce Season of Giving - Abbotsford Canucks
- Iowa Recalls Beraldo from Heartlanders - Iowa Wild
- Wolf Pack Open Key Three-Game Series with Thunderbirds at XL Center - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat, Eagles Begin Two-Game Set Friday in Loveland - Stockton Heat
- Phantoms Add Master, Michaud, MacKinnon - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bunnaman to Flyers, Willman to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Sean Day from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Open up First Half of Back-To-Back in Cleveland - Toronto Marlies
- Checkers Sign Frank Hora to PTO - Charlotte Checkers
- Islanders Battle Bruins Tonight - Bridgeport Islanders
- Game Preview: Bears at Americans, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Recall D-Man Olivier LeBlanc from ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Game #13: Abbotsford at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- IceHogs Host Admirals on Hockey Fights Cancer Night Tonight at BMO Harris Bank Center - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Season Comes to an End, Wolves Advance to Central Division Finals
- IceHogs Look to Keep Season Alive with Win over Wolves Tonight at the BMO
- IceHogs Outshot, Overpowered by Wolves
- IceHogs and Wolves Meet for Game 2 of Central Division Semifinals Tonight in Rosemont
- Hogs Fall to Wolves in Game 1 of Central Division Semifinals