Alex Kile Recalled to Lehigh Valley
NORTH CHARLESTON, SC - Forward Alex Kile was recalled to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the American Hockey League on Saturday. It is Kile's third call up since mid-February.
Kile, who is under contract with Lehigh Valley, started the season there and was reassigned to the Mariners in early December. He was recalled on February 15th, only to be returned one week later, and then called up once again on February 28th. Kile made his most recent return to the Mariners on March 14th.
It's been a season of record setting for Kile, who has broken Mariners career franchise marks for points, goals, and assists. He also recorded his 200th career ECHL point in Wednesday's 5-1 victory over the Orlando Solar Bears. The 28-year-old forward is the longest tenured Mariners by years, becoming the first player to sign with the organization back in July of 2018.
Kile has two goals and two assists in 18 games for the Phantoms this season. With Maine, he's registered 34 points (14 goals, 20 assists) in 31 games.
The Mariners are wrapping up their southern road trip with two games this weekend against the South Carolina Stingrays on Saturday at 6:05 PM and Sunday at 3:05. Both games can be seen and heard on the Mariners Broadcast Network, with pregame coverage beginning 15 minute prior to puck drop. They return home on Friday, March 31st for the start of the $3 Dewey's "Threekend" against the Tulsa Oilers. It's Mental Health Awareness Night ("Let's Talk About It," presented by News Center Maine) at 7:15 PM. More information on all upcoming promotions can be found at MarinersOfMaine.com/promotions.
Individual game tickets can be purchased online, at the Ware-Butler Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena, or by calling 207-775-3458. Family Four Packs are available for all Saturday and Sunday games and can be purchased here. Information on ticketing options is available by calling 833-GO-MAINE, emailing email@example.com, or by visiting MarinersOfMaine.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 25, 2023
- Barratt Tallies Three Points, Royals Drop High-Scoring Affair to Nailers, 6-5 - Reading Royals
- Second Period Outburst Pushes Thunder Past Heartlanders - Wichita Thunder
- Idaho Completes the Sweep - Allen Americans
- Last Goal Wins for Wheeling in 6-5 Thriller - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Suffer Tough Loss to Adirondack, 2-1 - Worcester Railers HC
- Rush Fall in Fort Wayne, 6-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Jordan Kawaguchi Scores Hat Trick in 6-3 Victory at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Iowa and Wichita Combine for 102 PIM in 4-2 Landers Defeat - Iowa Heartlanders
- Sensational Second Period Sends Oilers Past Mavericks - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Use Hot Start to Sink Mariners - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Climb Back in 3rd, Beat Indy in OT Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Weller's Goal Propels Thunder Past Railers, 2-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Down Everblades 3-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Walleye Notch 250 Sellouts in Win Over Greenville - Toledo Walleye
- Fuel Earn Point in Overtime Loss to K-Wings - Indy Fuel
- Peski Scores Twice in Loss to Stingrays - Maine Mariners
- Cossa Stops 35, Rabbits Come up Short of Walleye 5-1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Admirals Win OT Thriller on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- Alex Kile Recalled to Lehigh Valley - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - March 25 - ECHL
- Wichita Plays Season-Series Finale Tonight vs. Iowa - Wichita Thunder
- Lions Going for Two in a Row - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Walleye (7:15pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Day Preview: Final Chance to Beat Idaho in the Regular Season - Allen Americans
- Joe Vrbetic Records his First Professional Shutout - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Wheel into West Virginia for Back-To-Back with Nailers - Reading Royals
- 'Clones Hang on in Utah, Extend Point Streak to 20 Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals End Walleye Win Streak, Nagle Becomes ECHL's 2nd All-Time Winningest Goalie in Road-Trip Opener - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Defeated Grizzlies in Wild 4-3 Game - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.