Admirals Face Iowa in Calder Cup Playoffs
Milwaukee, WI - The Milwaukee Admirals will face-off against the Iowa Wild in the best-of-five, Central Division Semifinals when the Calder Cup Playoffs begin with game one on Sunday, April 21 at 4 pm in Des Moines, IA. Game two will also be in Iowa before the series shifts to Panther Arena for games three and, if necessary, four and five.
AHL Central Division Semifinals Milwaukee (2) vs. Iowa (3)
Game 1: Sunday, April 21 at 4:00 p.m. in Iowa
Game 2: Tuesday, April 23 at 7:00 p.m. in Iowa
Game 3: Thursday, April 25 at 7:00 p.m. in Milwaukee
Game 4: Friday, April 26 at 7:00 p.m. in Milwaukee
Game 5: Monday, April 29 at 7:00 p.m. in Milwaukee
As the higher seed the Admirals had the choice of playing the first two games at home or the final three games at home.
Tickets, which range in price from $8 to $30, for game three of the series will go on sale on Monday morning at 10 am either online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com or by calling the Admirals office at (414)-227-0550.
Under the guidance of first-year Head Coach Karl Taylor, Milwaukee finished the regular season red-hot, going 11-0-2-1 over their past 14 games to move from 7th place to a 2nd place finish in the Central with a 36-24-14-2 record and 88 points. Meanwhile Iowa, the AHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, ended the year with a 37-26-8-5 record and 87 points. This is their first playoff trip since moving to Des Moines.
During the regular the Admirals posted a 2-4 record against the Wild, with a 2-1 mark on home ice and a 0-3 mark at the Wells Fargo Arena. In their final meeting of the season, the Ads topped the Wild 5-1 on April 6 at Panther Arena.
This is the 15th playoff trip for the Admirals in 18 seasons of playing in the American Hockey League. The Ads won the Calder Cup with a sweep of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in 2004 and returned to the finals two years later when they fell to Hershey in six games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2019
- Heat Fall 3-2 on Fan Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Condors Claim Top Spot in Western Conference with 3-2 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Barre-Boulet Win AHL Scoring Races - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Barre-Boulet Win American Hockey League Scoring Races - AHL
- Wolves Open Calder Cup Playoffs against Grand Rapids - Chicago Wolves
- First-Round Schedules Announced for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Iowa Wild Announces First Round Playoff Schedule - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Face Iowa in Calder Cup Playoffs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins, Wolves to Renew Rivalry in Central Division Semifinals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sifers Final Game Ends with a Shootout Win - Utica Comets
- Moose Close Season by Beating Chicago, 6-2 - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack End Season with 3-1 Setback to Hershey - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Wrap Regular Season - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Edged by Comets, 4-3, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Finish Regular Season on High Note, Win 3-1 - Hershey Bears
- Eddie Pasquale Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Homes Memorial Award - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Eddie Pasquale Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award - AHL
- P-Bruins Fall 6-1 to T-Birds in Regular Season Finale - Providence Bruins
- Syracuse Crunch to Face Cleveland Monsters in North Division Semifinals - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters Clinch Playoff Berth - Cleveland Monsters
- Penguins Victorious in Season Finale, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Clinch Playoff Berth with Commanding 5-1 Win over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Tyler Wong Wins Dan Snyder Man of the Year Award - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Close out Regular Season with 4-2 Win in Belleville, Tie Franchise Record for Road Wins - Rochester Americans
- Roadrunners Fall One Goal, One Point Short of Playoff Berth - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Lose Season Finale to Penguins, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Cap 2018-19 Season with Explosive 6-1 Win in Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Fall to Amerks in Regular Season Finale - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Condors in Season Finale - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Close out Regular Season against Monsters - Toronto Marlies
- Game Preview: Wolf Pack at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Vitek Vanecek from Hershey, Re-Assign Ilya Samsonov - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Americans, April 14 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Closes Door on 2018-19 Season - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.