Heat Fall 3-2 on Fan Appreciation Night
STOCKTON, Calif. - Mason Morelli put a bow on his season by netting a goal for the third-straight game, but a two-goal third period pushed the Bakersfield Condors past Stockton by a 3-2 final score Sunday evening on Fan Appreciation Night at Stockton Arena. The Heat took 1-0 and 2-1 leads on the night, with Scott Sabourin scoring his fourth goal of the year early in the second period and Morelli late in the frame. In a special teams stalemate, Tyler Parsons was strong once again between the pipes with 38 shots on 41 shots faced.
W: Dylan Wells (28 shots, 26 saves)
L: Tyler Parsons (38 shots, 41 saves)
Three Stars: First - David Gust (1g), Second - Tyler Parsons (38 svs), Third - Mason Morrelli (1g)
Final Shots: STK - 28, BAK - 41
Power Plays: STK - 0-5, BAK - 0-4
- Scott Sabourin's goal was his fourth of the season and first since March 6 at San Diego.
- Mason Morelli finishes the year on a three-game goal-scoring streak.
- Tyler Parsons recorded 89 saves in two games to finish the season.
- Over the final nine games of the season, Stockton's penalty kill went 38-for-42.
- The Heat finish the season with a record of 31-31-4-2.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2019
- Heat Fall 3-2 on Fan Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Condors Claim Top Spot in Western Conference with 3-2 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Barre-Boulet Win AHL Scoring Races - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Barre-Boulet Win American Hockey League Scoring Races - AHL
- Wolves Open Calder Cup Playoffs against Grand Rapids - Chicago Wolves
- First-Round Schedules Announced for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Iowa Wild Announces First Round Playoff Schedule - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Face Iowa in Calder Cup Playoffs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins, Wolves to Renew Rivalry in Central Division Semifinals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sifers Final Game Ends with a Shootout Win - Utica Comets
- Moose Close Season by Beating Chicago, 6-2 - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack End Season with 3-1 Setback to Hershey - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Wrap Regular Season - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Edged by Comets, 4-3, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Finish Regular Season on High Note, Win 3-1 - Hershey Bears
- Eddie Pasquale Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Homes Memorial Award - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Eddie Pasquale Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award - AHL
- P-Bruins Fall 6-1 to T-Birds in Regular Season Finale - Providence Bruins
- Syracuse Crunch to Face Cleveland Monsters in North Division Semifinals - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters Clinch Playoff Berth - Cleveland Monsters
- Penguins Victorious in Season Finale, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Clinch Playoff Berth with Commanding 5-1 Win over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Tyler Wong Wins Dan Snyder Man of the Year Award - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Close out Regular Season with 4-2 Win in Belleville, Tie Franchise Record for Road Wins - Rochester Americans
- Roadrunners Fall One Goal, One Point Short of Playoff Berth - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Lose Season Finale to Penguins, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Cap 2018-19 Season with Explosive 6-1 Win in Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Fall to Amerks in Regular Season Finale - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Condors in Season Finale - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Close out Regular Season against Monsters - Toronto Marlies
- Game Preview: Wolf Pack at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Vitek Vanecek from Hershey, Re-Assign Ilya Samsonov - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Americans, April 14 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Closes Door on 2018-19 Season - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.