Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Americans, April 14
After 75 games, it all comes down to one final 60 minutes. The Belleville Senators can secure a playoff spot with a win.
Belleville (37-30-3-5) grabbed two points in Toronto Sunday to move into a tie with Cleveland for the North Division's final playoff spot. With a win, no matter if it's in regulation, overtime or a shootout, guarantees Belleville a spot in the playoffs. If Belleville and Cleveland, who play in Toronto at 4pm, finish the season tied on points, Belleville currently owns the first tiebreaker which is ROW. Cleveland owns the second tiebreaker in head-to-head.
Rochester (43-25-3-2) will finish second in the North after a loss to Syracuse Saturday confirmed their positioning. They also know that they will play Toronto in the first round.
With the season on the line, fully expect Marcus Hogberg to start for Belleville.
Logan Brown played Saturday after missing Wednesday's game while Nick Paul was a late addition to the Sens line-up Saturday after an illness seemed destined to keep him out but he should be good to go again this afternoon for the Senators.
Andrew Sturtz, Erik Brannstrom, Mike Condon, Jim O'Brien, Max Lajoie and Morgan Klimchuk are out for Belleville.
Belleville has been perfect against Rochester this season posting a 3-0 record and scoring 15 goals in the process. All-time, Belleville is 7-3-1-0 against their North Division rivals.
Who to watch
Rudolfs Balcers scored twice Saturday to help lead Belleville to victory and the Latvian forward has 30 points (17 goals) this season in 42 games. His 17 goals are the fourth most for the Sens.
Tage Thompson played in 65 games with Buffalo this season but them not making the playoffs, he was sent to Rochester a few weeks back. In seven games, he's scored five goals and added two assists.
Where to watch
Sunday's game starts at 2:00pm and can also be seen on AHLTV. Fans can also watch tonight's contest at Shoeless Joe's in Belleville.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with Jack Miller on the call and Paul Svoboda on colour.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2019
- Heat Fall 3-2 on Fan Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Condors Claim Top Spot in Western Conference with 3-2 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Barre-Boulet Win AHL Scoring Races - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Barre-Boulet Win American Hockey League Scoring Races - AHL
- Wolves Open Calder Cup Playoffs against Grand Rapids - Chicago Wolves
- First-Round Schedules Announced for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Iowa Wild Announces First Round Playoff Schedule - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Face Iowa in Calder Cup Playoffs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins, Wolves to Renew Rivalry in Central Division Semifinals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sifers Final Game Ends with a Shootout Win - Utica Comets
- Moose Close Season by Beating Chicago, 6-2 - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack End Season with 3-1 Setback to Hershey - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Wrap Regular Season - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Edged by Comets, 4-3, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Finish Regular Season on High Note, Win 3-1 - Hershey Bears
- Eddie Pasquale Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Homes Memorial Award - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Eddie Pasquale Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award - AHL
- P-Bruins Fall 6-1 to T-Birds in Regular Season Finale - Providence Bruins
- Syracuse Crunch to Face Cleveland Monsters in North Division Semifinals - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters Clinch Playoff Berth - Cleveland Monsters
- Penguins Victorious in Season Finale, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Clinch Playoff Berth with Commanding 5-1 Win over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Tyler Wong Wins Dan Snyder Man of the Year Award - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Close out Regular Season with 4-2 Win in Belleville, Tie Franchise Record for Road Wins - Rochester Americans
- Roadrunners Fall One Goal, One Point Short of Playoff Berth - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Lose Season Finale to Penguins, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Cap 2018-19 Season with Explosive 6-1 Win in Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Fall to Amerks in Regular Season Finale - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Condors in Season Finale - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Close out Regular Season against Monsters - Toronto Marlies
- Game Preview: Wolf Pack at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Vitek Vanecek from Hershey, Re-Assign Ilya Samsonov - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Americans, April 14 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Closes Door on 2018-19 Season - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Sens Offering Flash Sale on 2019-20 Season Tickets and Flex Packages
- Hastings and Prince Edward Learning Foundation to Benefit from Sens' Donation
- Sens Present $100,000 to Five Local Charities
- Belleville Well Represented at IIHF World Championships
- Winters Uses Senators Experience to Kick Start Career