Heat Host Condors in Season Finale
Sunday, April 14, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena
Date: Sunday, April 14, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch the game on AHLTV or at watch parties at Channel Brewing Co. and Port City Bar and Grill. Stockton's radio call is available on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game and a chance to win a puck signed by Tyler Graovac.
The Stockton Heat play host to Pacific Division champion Bakersfield on Fan Appreciation Night, the final game of the season, at Stockton Arena. The Heat will look to put the finishing touch on a strong finish to the season, entering Sunday's game with at least a point in 10 of 15 games since the start of March.
The Heat won the last meeting between the teams, a 4-1 decision on March 8 on home ice, and will look to win two-straight against the Condors for the first time this season.
PARSONS SETS TEAM RECORD
For the second time this season, Tyler Parsons set a new Heat record for saves in a single game with 51 stops on Friday against the Ontario Reign. Parsons was particularly strong in the final frame, turning away all 23 shots faced in the third period. The Michigan native had previously set Stockton's franchise-best mark with 49 stops on January 19 in a win, also a 4-2 final, over the Texas Stars.
ROOKIES LEAD THE WAY
Stockton raced out to a 2-0 lead on Friday thanks to a trio of young forwards, with Mason Morelli netting his second goal in as many games and Nolan Yaremko finding twine for the first time in his professional career. Zach Fischer, Calgary's fifth-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft, made his AHL debut on the night and registered an assist on Yaremko's goal.
GRAOVAC HITS 50
Tyler Graovac continued his career year with a shorthanded goal on Friday, the eventual game-winner that put Stockton ahead 3-2 nearly seven minutes into the third period. The goal carried significance beyond that night's game - his 24th goal of the season giving him the team lead, fourth shorthanded goal tying him with Ryan Lomberg for the Heat lead in SHG, and bringing Graovac to the 50-point milestone.
The Heat enter the final day of the regular season with the AHL's most dangerous penalty kill unit, boasting 17 shorthanded goals on the year. Among those 17 goals, 10 have come in road games - most in the AHL - while Stockton is tied for fifth in the league with seven on home ice.
DROP US A PIN
With a win against Bakersfield, the Heat would finish the 2018/19 season with identical records in home and road games. Stockton finished off its road slate with a 4-2 win at Ontario Friday, bringing its season record to 16-15-2-1 away from Stockton Arena, and the Heat enter tonight's game 15-15-2-1 on home ice for the year.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2019
- Heat Fall 3-2 on Fan Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Condors Claim Top Spot in Western Conference with 3-2 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Barre-Boulet Win AHL Scoring Races - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe, Alex Barre-Boulet Win American Hockey League Scoring Races - AHL
- Wolves Open Calder Cup Playoffs against Grand Rapids - Chicago Wolves
- First-Round Schedules Announced for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Iowa Wild Announces First Round Playoff Schedule - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Face Iowa in Calder Cup Playoffs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins, Wolves to Renew Rivalry in Central Division Semifinals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sifers Final Game Ends with a Shootout Win - Utica Comets
- Moose Close Season by Beating Chicago, 6-2 - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack End Season with 3-1 Setback to Hershey - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Wrap Regular Season - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Edged by Comets, 4-3, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Finish Regular Season on High Note, Win 3-1 - Hershey Bears
- Eddie Pasquale Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Homes Memorial Award - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Eddie Pasquale Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award - AHL
- P-Bruins Fall 6-1 to T-Birds in Regular Season Finale - Providence Bruins
- Syracuse Crunch to Face Cleveland Monsters in North Division Semifinals - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters Clinch Playoff Berth - Cleveland Monsters
- Penguins Victorious in Season Finale, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Clinch Playoff Berth with Commanding 5-1 Win over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Tyler Wong Wins Dan Snyder Man of the Year Award - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Close out Regular Season with 4-2 Win in Belleville, Tie Franchise Record for Road Wins - Rochester Americans
- Roadrunners Fall One Goal, One Point Short of Playoff Berth - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Lose Season Finale to Penguins, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Cap 2018-19 Season with Explosive 6-1 Win in Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Fall to Amerks in Regular Season Finale - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Condors in Season Finale - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Close out Regular Season against Monsters - Toronto Marlies
- Game Preview: Wolf Pack at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Vitek Vanecek from Hershey, Re-Assign Ilya Samsonov - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Americans, April 14 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Closes Door on 2018-19 Season - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.