Windsor Stymies IceMen as Orlando Earns Tight 1-0 Victory
JACKSONVILLE, FL - Orlando goaltender Clint Windsor stopped all 27 shots faced to preserve a 1-0 victory for the Solar Bears over the Jacksonville Icemen at Veterans Memorial Arena Saturday night.
Following a scoreless first, the Solar Bears scored at 1:01 into the second period. Cody Donaghey delivered a shot that was initially stopped by Icemen netminder Adam Carlson. However, the rebound bounced directly to newcomer Johno May who buried the puck into the net for the tally to put the score at 1-0.
Jacksonville generated several quality scoring chances in a penalty-filled middle frame, but failed to find the back of the net before the close of the period.
The Icemen continued to press in the third, outshooting Orlando 11-5 in the final stanza. Despite the extra effort, Windsor refused to be beat in the contest and secured the 1-0 shutout victory for Orlando.
The Icemen will now travel to North Charleston for a 3:00 p.m. match-up with the Stingrays on Sunday. Fans can catch all game broadcasts at www.mixlr.com/jaxicemen or watch the game online at ECHL.TV
Upcoming Home Games
Friday, December 20, vs. Atlanta, 7:00 p.m. - Wendy's Fry-Day 4-Pack. Receive 4-tickets, 4-mini-sticks and 4-Dave's single combos! These packages may be purchased at www.jaxicemen.com
Saturday, December 21, vs. S. Carolina, 7:00 p.m. - Annual Teddy Bear Toss Game & Star Wars Night! Bring a new or gently used teddy bear or stuffed animal to the game and throw it out onto the ice when the Icemen score their first goal. The Icemen will distribute the stuffed toys to local children's charities for the holidays.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 14, 2019
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen, December 14, 2019 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Windsor Stymies IceMen as Orlando Earns Tight 1-0 Victory - Jacksonville Icemen
- Growlers Stumble in Utah - Newfoundland Growlers
- Beast Lose Gritty Saturday Night Contest - Brampton Beast
- Windsor Shines in 1-0 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Slides Past Oilers, 5-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Teddies Fly as Admirals Defeat Gladiators 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Win Saturday Night Classic on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Surrender Three-Goal Lead in Overtime Defeat - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Cannot Hold off Norfolk as Ads Sink ATL 3-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Milner Gets 5th Shutout in 3-0 Defeat of Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Take Wild Tilt at Florida, Win 5-4 in OT - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fueled by Third Period Power Plays, Indy Tops Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Stymied by Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Shane Walsh Makes the Teddy's Fly in a 3-2 Win over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Explosive Third Period Leads to 5-2 Win over Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Mariners Third Period Rally Comes up One Goal Short - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender Evan Cormier Recalled to NHL's New Jersey Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Preview: December 14th Newfoundland at Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Stage Set for Teddy Bear Toss against Mavericks - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 14 - ECHL
- Game Notes: vs Wheeling - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Swavely Loaned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Gritty Is Here, Affiliation Night, Teddy Bear Toss and Mascot Mania - Reading Royals
- Controversial Second Period Dooms Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Steelheads Offensive Burst Sparks 4-2 Win over Komets - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Retake Series Lead over Thunder with 6-3 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizzlies Shut out Growlers 4-0 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville Icemen Stories
- Icemen Ink Defenseman Brandon Fortunato for 2021-22
- Icemen Add Size up Front with the Addition of Vladislav Mikhalchuk
- Icemen Bolster Forward Corps with the Return of Martin and Brown
- Icemen Agree to Terms with Forward Ben Hawerchuk
- Derek Lodermeier Returns to Jacksonville for a Second Season