Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 13: January 17, 2022
Overall Record: 22-8-0-2, 1st Central Division, Current Streak: 2 Wins
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
January 14 at Kalamazoo (4-2 Loss)
January 15 vs. Fort Wayne (3-2 Win)
January 16 at Cincinnati (4-1 Win)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
January 21 vs. Iowa at 7:15 p.m. (7:00 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
January 23 vs. Fort Wayne at 5:15 p.m. (5:00 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
For the latest news on the Toledo Walleye visit www.toledowalleye.com
Walleye Weekly Schedule
(Monday, January 17 through Sunday, January 23)
Monday, January 17 - No Practice
Tuesday, January 18- No Practice
Wednesday, January 19 - No Practice
Thursday, January 20 - No Practice
Friday, January 21 - Game vs. Iowa at 7:15 p.m.
Saturday, January 22 - No Practice
Sunday, January 23 - Game vs. Fort Wayne at 5:15 p.m.
**PLEASE NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Goaltending and defense key two win week: After falling in the first of the three in three weekend, the Walleye held Fort Wayne and Cincinnati to just three goals over two games to pick up a pair of wins. Brett Boeing scored the game-winner Saturday in a game that featured a season high combined 85 shots on goal between Toledo and Fort Wayne. Sunday the Walleye ended a two game road losing skid by holding the Cyclones to just one goal in Cincinnati.
Sportscenter and a shooting gallery: Forward Brandon Hawkins scored twice in Toledo's 3-2 win at home Saturday night over Fort Wayne. His second goal made ESPN as the second best play of the night with a brilliant goal from behind the net. That game also was a record night for him as he set a new single game Walleye record with 15 shots on goal. The previous high was 11 set and reached multiple times with the last being AJ Jenks January 19, 2019 at Kalamazoo. The eleven was first reached by Willie Coetzee on October 20, 2012 also at Kalamazoo.
Top of the ladder: With 8,033 in the Huntington Center Toledo continues to lead the ECHL in average attendance with 7,654. Toledo has had seven sellouts this season.
Home is where we belong: The Walleye have just two games this week and both are at the Huntington Center. Toledo will host the Iowa Heartlanders Friday night. Toledo is 5-1-1 against the newest team in the Central Division. Sunday it will be the fifth matchup this month between the Walleye and the Komets as Fort Wayne will be in Toledo. The Walleye own a 4-3-0 record against their arch-rivals.
Walleye Player of the Week:
Brandon Schultz (0 goal - 3 assists = 3 points)
Walleye Goaltender of the Week:
Max Milosek (2-1-0, 2.01 GAA, .945 save %)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2022
- Gould Scores as ECHL All-Stars Beat Jacksonville - Allen Americans
- ECHL All-Stars Victorious in 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Grizz Win Series with 6-3 Monday Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Acquire Andrew Shewfelt from Wichita Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Slip in Weekend Finale to Utah, 6-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Brett Marietti Inducted to ECHL Hall of Fame - South Carolina Stingrays
- Second Period Goal Explosion Leads to 6-4 Win over Worcester - Reading Royals
- Railers Comeback Falls Short, as Royals Win 6-4 - Worcester Railers HC
- Vilio Records Hat Trick in Glads Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- McCarron Sets Everblades Career Points Mark in Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, January 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 17, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Miner Returns for MLK 1 PM Game - Utah Grizzlies
- The Trois-Rivières Lions: The Best-Represented Team at the All-Star Classic - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Bibeau to Backup in Seattle this Afternoon - Allen Americans
- Jason Payne Named Assistant Coach for ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brad Barone Added to Roster for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Following a Humbling 2020-21 Season, Logan Nelson Reaches New Heights with Rapid City - Rapid City Rush
- Florek Added to ECHL All-Star Classic - South Carolina Stingrays
- Roster Changes Announced for Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Everblades Trade for Defenseman Christian Hausinger - Florida Everblades
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 13: January 17, 2022 - Toledo Walleye
- Everblades and Gladiators to Open Three-Game Week on Monday - Florida Everblades
- MLK Day Matchup with Worcester Set for 1:00 p.m. Puck Drop - Reading Royals
- Glads Aim for Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toledo Walleye Stories
- Get Your Hands on a Game-Worn Jersey this Saturday
- Walleye Escape Grizzlies in Game 3 to Take Series Lead
- Walleye Even Series with 5-2 Win over Grizzlies
- Toledo Falls to Utah, 5-4, in Western Conference Finals Opener
- Walleye Complete Sweep of Wheeling Nailers with 3-1 Game 4 Victory