Everblades Trade for Defenseman Christian Hausinger
ESTERO, Fla. - Florida Everblades General Manager Craig Brush along with Director of Hockey Operations and Head Coach Brad Ralph announced Monday that the team has acquired defenseman Christian Hausinger through a trade with the Wichita Thunder. In exchange for Hausinger, the Everblades will be sending future considerations to the Thunder.
In his rookie season at the professional level, the Anchorage, AK native was signed by the Pensacola Ice Flyers of the Southern Professional Hockey League on October 25. After appearing in two games with the Ice Flyers, Hausinger was loaned to Wichita on November 3. In 26 games with the Thunder, Hausinger registered one goal and five assists for six points, while also getting whistled for six minutes in penalties.
Hausinger competed collegiately with the University of Wisconsin River Falls. In four seasons with the Falcons, Hausinger tallied 16 goals and 55 assists in 96 appearances and was named the 2019-20 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) Player of the Year following his junior season. In his junior campaign, the defenseman led the WIAC with 36 points on 10 goals and a conference-best 26 assists in 36 games.
A two-time all-WIAC first-team selection, Hausinger was the 2021 recipient of the WIAC's Max Sparger Men's Ice Hockey Scholar-Athlete Award following his senior season.
Prior to his collegiate career, Hausinger played in 164 games over three seasons with five different junior clubs. Most notably, Hausinger recorded seven goals and 24 assists in 59 games with the Odessa Jackalopes of the North American Hockey League in 2014-15. He added seven goals and 13 assists in 51 games for the Jackalopes in 2016-17. In 2015-16, Hausinger appeared in 54 games with three different United States Hockey League teams - the Lincoln Stars, Muskegon Lumberjacks and Bloomington Thunder - posting a total of three assists.
The next home game for the Everblades is slated for Friday, Jan. 21 when the Atlanta Gladiators come to town. During each Friday home game of the 2021-22 season, fans can enjoy the action with a 239 ticket package, which pays tribute to Southwest Florida's area code and provides a great deal! You get two premium seat tickets, two autographed programs, and two Rum buckets for just $39! Additionally, the first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive an Everblades tumbler courtesy of Millennium Physician Group. To purchase tickets, visit HERE.
Additionally, the Blades play on Saturday, Jan. 22 against Atlanta. Join us for First Responder Night presented by Muscular Dystrophy Association and Cape Coral Professional Firefighters. Enjoy a special tribute to our first responders. Also, enjoy live music from TC Carter from 5-7 pm during our Saturday tailgate.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2022
- Gould Scores as ECHL All-Stars Beat Jacksonville - Allen Americans
- ECHL All-Stars Victorious in 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Grizz Win Series with 6-3 Monday Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Acquire Andrew Shewfelt from Wichita Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Slip in Weekend Finale to Utah, 6-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Brett Marietti Inducted to ECHL Hall of Fame - South Carolina Stingrays
- Second Period Goal Explosion Leads to 6-4 Win over Worcester - Reading Royals
- Railers Comeback Falls Short, as Royals Win 6-4 - Worcester Railers HC
- Vilio Records Hat Trick in Glads Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- McCarron Sets Everblades Career Points Mark in Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, January 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 17, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Miner Returns for MLK 1 PM Game - Utah Grizzlies
- The Trois-Rivières Lions: The Best-Represented Team at the All-Star Classic - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Bibeau to Backup in Seattle this Afternoon - Allen Americans
- Jason Payne Named Assistant Coach for ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brad Barone Added to Roster for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Following a Humbling 2020-21 Season, Logan Nelson Reaches New Heights with Rapid City - Rapid City Rush
- Florek Added to ECHL All-Star Classic - South Carolina Stingrays
- Roster Changes Announced for Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Everblades Trade for Defenseman Christian Hausinger - Florida Everblades
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 13: January 17, 2022 - Toledo Walleye
- Everblades and Gladiators to Open Three-Game Week on Monday - Florida Everblades
- MLK Day Matchup with Worcester Set for 1:00 p.m. Puck Drop - Reading Royals
- Glads Aim for Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Vander Esch Seals Series Sweep for Everblades, 1-0 in OT
- Everblades One Win Away from Spot in Eastern Conference Finals
- Everblades Take 3-0 Series Lead Behind Johnson's Second Playoff Shutout
- Everblades Primed to Extend Series Lead on the Road
- Four-Goal First Period Boosts Blades to Game Two Victory