Grizz Win Series with 6-3 Monday Victory
West Valley City, Utah - Mason Mannek scored 1 goal and 2 assists and Quinn Ryan added 1 goal and 1 assist to lead the Utah Grizzlies to a 6-3 win over the Idaho Steelheads on the MLK Monday matinee at Maverik Center.
Matthew Boucher got Utah on the board with a shorthanded goal 12:34 into the contest. It was Boucher's 10th of the season and it was Utah's 13th shorthanded goal of the campaign. Utah led 1-0 after 20 minutes of play.
Idaho's Luc Brown scored a power play goal 19 seconds into the second. David Norris game Idaho a 2-1 lead 6:22 in. Grizzlies captain Trey Bradley tied the game on a pass from Kyle Pouncy in front of the net 12:45 into the second. 35 seconds later Christian Simeone scored to give Utah a 3-2 lead. Grizzlies led by 1 after 2 periods. Utah is now 15-0 when leading after 2 periods.
Quinn Ryan got Utah some insurance 2:10 into the third period as he scored his 9th of the year. 16 seconds later Mason Mannek extended the lead to 5-2 with his 12th of the year. Connor McDonald scored his first of the year 5:46 into the third to make it a 6-2 game. Idaho's Casey Johnson closed out the scoring 9:52 into the third.
Utah won 2 of the 3 games in the series as they extend their lead in first place in the Mountain division. It was game 36 for the Grizz, who finish the first half with a 22-12-1-1 record and a .639 winning percentage.
The Grizzlies homestand continues with a 3 game series vs Allen on January 21-22 at 7:10 pm and Sunday, January 23rd at 1:10 pm. Tickets for every Grizzlies home game are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
1. Mason Mannek (Utah) - 1 goal, 2 assists.
2. Quinn Ryan (Utah) - 1 goal, 1 assist.
3. Connor McDonald (Utah) - 1 goal.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2022
- Gould Scores as ECHL All-Stars Beat Jacksonville - Allen Americans
- ECHL All-Stars Victorious in 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Grizz Win Series with 6-3 Monday Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Acquire Andrew Shewfelt from Wichita Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Slip in Weekend Finale to Utah, 6-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Brett Marietti Inducted to ECHL Hall of Fame - South Carolina Stingrays
- Second Period Goal Explosion Leads to 6-4 Win over Worcester - Reading Royals
- Railers Comeback Falls Short, as Royals Win 6-4 - Worcester Railers HC
- Vilio Records Hat Trick in Glads Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- McCarron Sets Everblades Career Points Mark in Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, January 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 17, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Miner Returns for MLK 1 PM Game - Utah Grizzlies
- The Trois-Rivières Lions: The Best-Represented Team at the All-Star Classic - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Bibeau to Backup in Seattle this Afternoon - Allen Americans
- Jason Payne Named Assistant Coach for ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brad Barone Added to Roster for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Following a Humbling 2020-21 Season, Logan Nelson Reaches New Heights with Rapid City - Rapid City Rush
- Florek Added to ECHL All-Star Classic - South Carolina Stingrays
- Roster Changes Announced for Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Everblades Trade for Defenseman Christian Hausinger - Florida Everblades
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 13: January 17, 2022 - Toledo Walleye
- Everblades and Gladiators to Open Three-Game Week on Monday - Florida Everblades
- MLK Day Matchup with Worcester Set for 1:00 p.m. Puck Drop - Reading Royals
- Glads Aim for Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.