Oilers Acquire Andrew Shewfelt from Wichita Thunder
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks, announced Monday the acquisition of forward Andrew Shewfelt from the Wichita Thunder.
Shewfelt, a 25-year-old rookie has six points (4G, 2A) in 31 games for the Thunder this season, producing one assist against Tulsa this campaign.
"Shewfelt is a player that has always stood out to me when we play Wichita," said head coach Rob Murray of his newest player. "He can really skate well, and he will add some speed to our forward group."
The Dartmouth, NS native played Canadian college hockey for Dalhousie University, producing 46 points (20G, 26A) in 90 collegiate appearances.
Prior to playing USports hockey, the 5-10, 185 lbs. forward played Major Junior in the QMJHL, compiling 67 points (32G, 35A) in 206 games between Halifax and Drummondville.
The Oilers next face Shewfelt's former team, the Wichita Thunder, on Friday, Jan. 21 at INTRUST Bank Arena. The Oilers return to the BOK Center on Saturday, Jan. 22. The first 500 kids 12 and under will receive a free youth jersey, provided by York Plumbing. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the game will start at 7:05 p.m. The jerseys are first-come, first-serve. The legendary Zooperstars entertainment group will also be in attendance, and the Oilers will wear Nickelodeon Double Dare jerseys that will be auctioned off in the River Spirit Lounge following the action.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2022
- Gould Scores as ECHL All-Stars Beat Jacksonville - Allen Americans
- ECHL All-Stars Victorious in 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Grizz Win Series with 6-3 Monday Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Acquire Andrew Shewfelt from Wichita Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Slip in Weekend Finale to Utah, 6-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Brett Marietti Inducted to ECHL Hall of Fame - South Carolina Stingrays
- Second Period Goal Explosion Leads to 6-4 Win over Worcester - Reading Royals
- Railers Comeback Falls Short, as Royals Win 6-4 - Worcester Railers HC
- Vilio Records Hat Trick in Glads Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- McCarron Sets Everblades Career Points Mark in Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, January 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 17, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Miner Returns for MLK 1 PM Game - Utah Grizzlies
- The Trois-Rivières Lions: The Best-Represented Team at the All-Star Classic - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Bibeau to Backup in Seattle this Afternoon - Allen Americans
- Jason Payne Named Assistant Coach for ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brad Barone Added to Roster for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Following a Humbling 2020-21 Season, Logan Nelson Reaches New Heights with Rapid City - Rapid City Rush
- Florek Added to ECHL All-Star Classic - South Carolina Stingrays
- Roster Changes Announced for Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Everblades Trade for Defenseman Christian Hausinger - Florida Everblades
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 13: January 17, 2022 - Toledo Walleye
- Everblades and Gladiators to Open Three-Game Week on Monday - Florida Everblades
- MLK Day Matchup with Worcester Set for 1:00 p.m. Puck Drop - Reading Royals
- Glads Aim for Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.