Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears make their first visit to Portland since the 2018-19 season this week, as they hit the road for a three-game set against the Maine Mariners.
THIS WEEK'S GAMES:
Friday, Jan. 21 at Maine Mariners at 7:15 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 22 at Maine Mariners at 6 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 23 at Maine Mariners at 3 p.m.
The Orlando Solar Bears, along with VyStar Credit Union, have announced the launch of a co-branded debit card, available now for all VyStar Credit Union members.
Fans can get a Solar Bears debit card when they open a VyStar account with a minimum balance of $5 at any branch location. They can also apply for membership online at apply.vystarcu.org but will need to visit a branch to get a Solar Bears card. Current members can request a co-branded card by visiting a branch, calling 800-445-6289 or speaking to a VyChat representative at www.vystarcu.org.
Watch the 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic tonight at 7:30 p.m. on NHL Network! The format pits a team of ECHL All-Stars against the Jacksonville Icemen on their home ice at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena.
Find NHL Network on your TV provider
AT A GLANCE
SEASON RECORD: 18-13-2-0
LAST WEEK'S RECORD: 2-1-1-0
RECORD IN LAST 10 GAMES: 6-3-1-0
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS: 4th of 7
TOP SCORER: Michael Brodzinski - 21 points
MOST GOALS: Luke Boka - 9
MOST ASSISTS: Tristin Langan - 16 assists
PIM LEADER: Chad Duchesne - 36 PIM
PLUS-MINUS LEADER: Tyler Bird - +6
Click to watch every Solar Bears game this season on FloHockey!
Purchase a Pink Whitney Night ticket package
Tristin Langan (2g-4a) and Odeen Tufto (1g-5a) tied with four other players for the league lead in scoring last week with six points apiece. Tufto's five assists were the most among any ECHL player last week.
Dylan Fitze with two other ECHL players for the league lead in goals last week with four.
Orlando is 13-1-0-0 when scoring first.
Michael Brodzinski and Luke McInnis are tied with Atlanta's Tim Davison for the lead among Eastern Conference defensemen with six goals.
The Solar Bears are 11-1-1-0 when leading after two periods.
Nominate a Pizza Hut Teacher of the Month Today!
BEARS IN THE NHL:
Several former Solar Bears currently occupy spots on NHL rosters for the 2021-22 season - here we will track their progress:
Hugo Alnefelt* - Goaltender - Tampa Bay Lightning - 1 GP, 0-0-0, .700%
Zach Fucale - Goaltender - Washington Capitals - 4 GP, 1-1-1, .924%
Christopher Gibson* - Goaltender - Florida Panthers - 0 GP, 0-0-0, .000%
Connor Ingram* - Goaltender - Nashville Predators - 2 GP, 1-1-0, .906%
Darcy Kuemper - Goaltender - Colorado Avalanche - 25 GP, 17-5-1, .908%
Mason Marchment - Forward - Florida Panthers - 13 GP, 2g-8a
Spencer Martin - Goaltender - Vancouver Canucks - 0 GP, 0-0-0, .000%
Ryan Reaves - Forward - New York Rangers - 32 GP, 0g-6a
Garret Sparks* - Goaltender - L.A. Kings - 2 GP, 1-0-0, .936
* Currently assigned to AHL
BEAR TRACKS, PRESENTED BY PINK WHITNEY BY NEW AMSTERDAM VODKA:
Forward Jake Transit joined us for last week's episode to share his hockey journey from Michigan, including playing in the Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament, and what led to him joining the Solar Bears in the middle of the December road trip in Texas.
Images from this story
Orlando Solar Bears forward Hunter Fejes vs. the Wheeling Nailers
Orlando Solar Bears defenseman Michael Brodzinski (right) helps celebrate a goal
Orlando Solar Bears forward Jake Transit
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2022
- Gould Scores as ECHL All-Stars Beat Jacksonville - Allen Americans
- ECHL All-Stars Victorious in 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Grizz Win Series with 6-3 Monday Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Acquire Andrew Shewfelt from Wichita Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Slip in Weekend Finale to Utah, 6-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Brett Marietti Inducted to ECHL Hall of Fame - South Carolina Stingrays
- Second Period Goal Explosion Leads to 6-4 Win over Worcester - Reading Royals
- Railers Comeback Falls Short, as Royals Win 6-4 - Worcester Railers HC
- Vilio Records Hat Trick in Glads Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- McCarron Sets Everblades Career Points Mark in Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender of the Year Award Named in Honor of Nick Vitucci - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, January 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report: January 17, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Gameday: Miner Returns for MLK 1 PM Game - Utah Grizzlies
- The Trois-Rivières Lions: The Best-Represented Team at the All-Star Classic - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Bibeau to Backup in Seattle this Afternoon - Allen Americans
- Jason Payne Named Assistant Coach for ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brad Barone Added to Roster for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Following a Humbling 2020-21 Season, Logan Nelson Reaches New Heights with Rapid City - Rapid City Rush
- Florek Added to ECHL All-Star Classic - South Carolina Stingrays
- Roster Changes Announced for Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Everblades Trade for Defenseman Christian Hausinger - Florida Everblades
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 13: January 17, 2022 - Toledo Walleye
- Everblades and Gladiators to Open Three-Game Week on Monday - Florida Everblades
- MLK Day Matchup with Worcester Set for 1:00 p.m. Puck Drop - Reading Royals
- Glads Aim for Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Announce School Day Game for 2022-23 Season
- Solar Bears 2022-23 Home Opener Is October 23 vs. Icemen
- Solar Bears and Head Coach Drake Berehowsky Agree to Part Ways
- Bird, McInnis Receive Try-Outs with Barracuda
- Solar Bears Eliminated from Playoffs in 3-1 Loss to Icemen