Thunder Weekly, November 29
WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita finished a five-game homestand this past week. Get caught up on the team with this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Wednesday, November 24
Rapid City at Wichita, 2-1 L (OT)
Friday, November 26
Tulsa at Wichita, 3-1 W
Saturday, November 27
Rapid City at Wichita, 6-4 W
Sunday, November 28
Rapid City at Wichita, 3-2 W (SO)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Wednesday, December 1
Wichita at Iowa, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 5
Wichita at Tulsa, 4:05 p.m.
**All games can be heard on Mixlr by searching The Sin Bin or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:30 p.m. for home games and 6:40 p.m. for road games. For Sunday home games, the show starts at 3:30 p.m. and 25 minutes before puck drop on the road. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 8-1-1-0
Rank: 3rd, Mountain Division, 19 points
Goals: Peter Crinella, 8
Assists: Jay Dickman, 11
Points: Jay Dickman, 16
+/-: Carter Johnson, +8
PIM: Sean Allen, 54
FRANCHISE MARK - Evan Buitenhuis tied a franchise record on Sunday for consecutive starts made by a Thunder goaltender. He has started all 15 games so far this season. Buitenhuis is second in the league in wins (8), first in minutes (846), first in saves (436) and fourth in save percentage (.930).
RIDE THE WAVE - Jay Dickman is having a terrific start to the season for the Thunder. He leads the team in scoring and is currently riding an eight-game point streak. He has 11 points (4g, 7a) over that span. The Bemidji State product has 16 points (5g, 11a) in 15 games so far this season.
SWIFT SWEDE - Tim Soderlund improved to 2-for-2 in shootout situations on Sunday. He has four points (2g, 2a) in his last three games.
THREE PEAT - Matteo Gennaro and Brayden Watts have points in three-straight games. Gennaro has four points (2g, 2a) and Watts has recorded five (1g, 4a).
BALANCE - Six different players have at least 10 points through 15 games. Three players have at least 10 helpers led by Jay Dickman who has 11. Brayden Watts and Cam Clarke each have 10 assists.
CLOSING TIME - Since Halloween, Wichita has been a third-period team. The Thunder have outscored their opponents 13-5 since giving up four in the third against the Wheeling Nailers. Wichita is outscoring teams 14-9 in the first and 17-12 in the third overall on the season.
THUNDERBOLTS... Matteo Gennaro is first in power play points (9)...Sean Allen is first in penalty minutes (54) and tied for second in major penalties...Cam Clarke is third among defenseman with 10 assists...Wichita is sixth in penalty minutes per game (15.53)...Wichita is 6-1-0-0 when scoring first...Wichita is third in the league on the penalty kill (87.3%)...Wichita is third in the league in goals against per game (2.47)...
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2021
- Langan Hangs Four Points on Admirals in 4-1 Solar Bears Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Yauheni Aksiantsiuk Recalled by Dallas to AHL Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Growlers Tickets Now on Sale - Newfoundland Growlers
- Walleye Sign Defenseman Adam Parsells - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender Mandolese Reassigned to Atlanta from Belleville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Weekly, November 29 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report: November 29, 2021 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Report Card Night this Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Hosts K-Wings in Huge 3 Game Set - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Welcome Trois Rivières to Hertz Arena for First Time Ever - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly - November 29, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Hartford Recalls Taylor; Returns Brassard to JAX - Jacksonville Icemen
- Rabbit Report: the Week Ahead - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 29, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 6 - Indy Fuel
- Aaron Luchuk Heads up to Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Finish Seven Games in Ten Days - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 6: November 29, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: K-Wings Take to the Sky, Visit Grizzlies - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.