Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 6
INDY FUEL WEEK 6 RESULTS: 1-1-1-0, 4-9-1-1 Overall
Wednesday, November 24 - Fuel 1 at Wheeling 5:
Playing their first game of the week, the Fuel visited the Wheeling Nailers on Wednesday night. Despite five power play chances and outshooting Wheeling 35 to 23, the Fuel fell to the Nailers 5-1 in the pair's third matchup of the season.
Friday, November 26 - Fuel 3 at Toledo 4 OT:
In the first of two games on Thanksgiving weekend, the Fuel traveled to Toledo for a Friday night contest. After no goals in the first period, both team's combined for six goals in the second and third periods sending the game to overtime where Toledo would take the 4-3 win.
Saturday, November 27 - Fuel 2 vs Fort Wayne 3
In the third and final game of the week, the Fuel hosted the Fort Wayne Komets for Marvel Super Hero Night. After both teams traded goals throughout, a late goal from the Komets would hand them a 3-2 win on Saturday.
INDY FUEL WEEK 7 SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, December 1 - Fuel vs Fort Wayne (7:00 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Saturday, December 4 - Fuel at Cincinnati (7:35 p.m. ET, Heritage Bank Center)
Sunday, December 5 - Fuel at Wheeling (4:10 p.m. ET, WesBanco Arena)
In two out of Indy's three games last week finished as one-goal contests. "It's teaching us how we have to get to where we need to go," said Doug Christiansen. "Whether it's discipline or puck decisions, we're learning that this adversity is putting us to our fighting weight." The Fuel will face three opponents this week that have each defeated them in their previous matchups.
Entering Week 7 of the ECHL season, the Fuel are led in points by Chad Yetman and Mike Lee. Struggling recently, Yetman hasn't tallied a point since November 19th at Wheeling. However, Mike Lee has two goals and three assists in his last five games. The second-year defenseman currently leads the Indy Fuel in assists with 10.
Jared Thomas has a goal and four assists in his last four games
Mike Lee is riding a five game point streak (2g, 4a)
Lee is tied for third among defensemen in points (13)
Chris Cameron picked up his first pro point on Saturday night
Tommy Apap has three assists in his last four games
The Fuel are 7th in the ECHL in average penalty minutes (15.47 per game)
Through their first 15 games, the Fuel are 3-4-0-0 at home and 1-5-1-1 on the road
Indy is 3-4-1-1 when scoring the first goal of the game
The Fuel have outshot their opponents 157-115 in the third period this season
Through 15 games, the Fuel are averaging 2.87 goals per game
The Fuel are averaging 3.73 goals against per game
The Fuel are 3-0-0-0 when leading after the second period but are 1-5-0-0 when trailing after the first
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel's 8th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL.
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2021
- Langan Hangs Four Points on Admirals in 4-1 Solar Bears Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Yauheni Aksiantsiuk Recalled by Dallas to AHL Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Growlers Tickets Now on Sale - Newfoundland Growlers
- Walleye Sign Defenseman Adam Parsells - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender Mandolese Reassigned to Atlanta from Belleville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Weekly, November 29 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report: November 29, 2021 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Report Card Night this Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Hosts K-Wings in Huge 3 Game Set - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Welcome Trois Rivières to Hertz Arena for First Time Ever - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly - November 29, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Hartford Recalls Taylor; Returns Brassard to JAX - Jacksonville Icemen
- Rabbit Report: the Week Ahead - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 29, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 6 - Indy Fuel
- Aaron Luchuk Heads up to Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Finish Seven Games in Ten Days - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 6: November 29, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: K-Wings Take to the Sky, Visit Grizzlies - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.