Yauheni Aksiantsiuk Recalled by Dallas to AHL Texas
BOISE, Idaho - Forward Yauheni Aksiantsiuk has been recalled by the Dallas Stars to the Texas Stars for his first recall of the season, Idaho Steelheads Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Monday.
Aksiantsiuk, 20, is in his first professional season in North America, posting eight goals and seven assists for 15 points with one power play goal through 13 games. The Brest, Belarus native recorded his first hat-trick in North America on Friday against the Allen Americans, and both of his game-winning goals have come in overtime with one setting a new team record for fastest overtime goal at seven seconds. He sits second among ECHL rookies in goals scored and third in ECHL rookie scoring while leading the Steelheads in goals and scoring. He was named Howie's Hockey Tape ECHL Rookie of the Month for October with a nine-point campaign and leading all rookie scorers.
The 5-foot-8 forward played two non-concurrent seasons in the Belarusian Extraleague before coming to North America professionally, playing 31 games with Yunost Minsk in 2020-21 and posting six points (3-3-6) with 17 penalty minutes as well as another 49 games with Shakhtyor Soligorsk in the 2018-19 season and tallying 18 points (6-12-18). Aksiantsiuk appeared in one season in the U.S. with the Flint Firebirds (OHL) to close his junior career, boasting 78 points (33-45-78) in 58 games before being selected 162nd overall (6th Round) by the Dallas Stars in the 2020 NHL Draft. He also earned a silver medal with Belarus at the 2019 IIHF U20 World Championships for Division 1A as an underager and made his professional debut with Shakhtyor as a 17-year-old.
This is the third recall of a Dallas prospect this season following the call-ups for defenseman Dawson Barteaux and Adam Scheel earlier this month.
The Steelheads open a two-game road weekend against the Kansas City Mavericks on Friday, Dec. 3 at 6:05 p.m. and return to Idaho Central Arena on Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 7:10 p.m. against the South Carolina Stingrays. Single-game tickets are available for all home games during the 2021-22 regular season by going to idahosteelheads.com or calling 331-TIXS! Make sure to secure your FloSports subscription for the 2021-22 season to lock in all Steelheads games and action from around the ECHL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2021
- Langan Hangs Four Points on Admirals in 4-1 Solar Bears Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Yauheni Aksiantsiuk Recalled by Dallas to AHL Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Growlers Tickets Now on Sale - Newfoundland Growlers
- Walleye Sign Defenseman Adam Parsells - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender Mandolese Reassigned to Atlanta from Belleville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Weekly, November 29 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report: November 29, 2021 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Report Card Night this Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Hosts K-Wings in Huge 3 Game Set - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Welcome Trois Rivières to Hertz Arena for First Time Ever - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly - November 29, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Hartford Recalls Taylor; Returns Brassard to JAX - Jacksonville Icemen
- Rabbit Report: the Week Ahead - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 29, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 6 - Indy Fuel
- Aaron Luchuk Heads up to Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Finish Seven Games in Ten Days - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 6: November 29, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: K-Wings Take to the Sky, Visit Grizzlies - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Slip in Weekend Finale to Utah, 6-3
- Point Earns Shutout in Steelheads 6-0 Road Rout over Grizzlies
- Forward Mason Mitchell Signs PTO with AHL Stockton Heat
- Steelheads Fall 4-1 to Grizzlies in Weekend Opener
- Forward Kyle Marino Recalled to AHL Chicago Wolves